Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
I agree with Robin. One should consider the effects of time and gravity if considering a tatoo. A cute, smiley face could look like an alian 50 years from now . I worked in a nursing home and I've seen a few distorted tattoos.
Trust me, when I'm old and wrinkly the last thing I'm going to be worried about is how my tattoo looks

Old 09-22-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'd be interested in the response too. I don't have any tattoos, don't care for them, and find those that have a LOT of them to be, well, hard to take seriously, as another poster said. Such a person seems to be too much into attracting attention. If I ever changed my mind about getting one, though I seriously doubt that would ever happen (it IS possible as I do still drink alcohol now and then which means technically I could get completely trashed and talked into it ) I would want it located in a similarly private area!!
If you're drunk, no tattoo parlor will touch you... well, any good parlor anyway. Alcohol thins the blood and will more than likely cause a bleed out, which will distort the ink and just plain cause a mess.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Trust me, when I'm old and wrinkly the last thing I'm going to be worried about is how my tattoo looks
Yeah, me too.

Figure my feet aren't going to get too saggy anyway.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:51 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If you're drunk, no tattoo parlor will touch you... well, any good parlor anyway. Alcohol thins the blood and will more than likely cause a bleed out, which will distort the ink and just plain cause a mess.
Good to know. I won't worry about waking up with a strange image on my .

Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good to know. I won't worry about waking up with a strange image on my .
Unfortunately, if you do happen to wake up with a tattoo after a drunken night of debautchery, I'd probably go get tested for blood borne diseases...any parlor who would tattoo a person who is under the influence of anything probably doesn't have the strictest sanitation requirements.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I don't know if it's insecurity that drives the plastic surgery crowd, but holy cow! Have you EVER seen a plastic surgery result that you'd say looked good?
Hmm...depends on the surgery.

I knew a girl in high school who had breast reduction-she had been something like a DDD by the time she was 11 years old (no joke) and had extensive back damage by the time she was 16.

But the girls who get breast implants so they'll be deemed more attractive to men? And I'm seeing a lot of women get those lip implant things and those just look weird. Have you seen Mila Kunis lately? Yikes.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
I'll just be happy to remember that I have a tattoo when I'm old enough for a nursing home! LOL

Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,670,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Hmm...depends on the surgery.

I knew a girl in high school who had breast reduction-she had been something like a DDD by the time she was 11 years old (no joke) and had extensive back damage by the time she was 16.

But the girls who get breast implants so they'll be deemed more attractive to men? And I'm seeing a lot of women get those lip implant things and those just look weird. Have you seen Mila Kunis lately? Yikes.
I don't know who Mila Kunis is, but I'll Google it.

And yeah, a girl/woman with absolutely gigantic boobs is unfortunate indeed. Sure can't fault her for wanting to lop off some of that.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I don't know who Mila Kunis is, but I'll Google it.

And yeah, a girl/woman with absolutely gigantic boobs is unfortunate indeed. Sure can't fault her for wanting to lop off some of that.
She's an actress-best known as that annoying Jackie character in "That 70's show". Also popular for her part in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". She was very pretty but since she got her lips done she just looks...weird. So not needed (though no one 'needs' that kind of surgery IMO). There are some pics on google-you can compare the before and after pics because after the surgery her upper lip is twice as big as her bottom lip and it looks really unnatural.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
She's an actress-best known as that annoying Jackie character in "That 70's show". Also popular for her part in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". She was very pretty but since she got her lips done she just looks...weird. So not needed (though no one 'needs' that kind of surgery IMO). There are some pics on google-you can compare the before and after pics because after the surgery her upper lip is twice as big as her bottom lip and it looks really unnatural.
I had to google her, but she looks fine to me. She's on the cover of a mag this month and I don't see anything wrong with her lips. Mila Kunis Covers Women's Health - Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty