Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 03:04 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
JetJockey- Where do you get these prices at? I have never heard of any tattoo artist charging by the hour (None that I have ever met charge by the hour). Even Miami Ink don't charge by the hour. A tattoo artist isn't going to make any money charging by the hour.

If a Artist was going to charge me by the hour I would not even go there.
Hmmm, that's funny cause all 27 tattoo artist I know, ALL charge by the hour (anywhere from $75/hr to $500/hr with 1k min)for large scale pieces (full back, or full sleeves, etc...), and charge a flat rate for smaller pieces (min is usually $20-50) (such as a small design on a shoulder). And YES, they do make money for charging by the hour, and quite a bit of money at that. Ask some of the artists at Tattoo Charlies in Louisville, for example. Hell, Jack Rudy ONLY charges by the hours from what I have been told.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allessand View Post
tattoos are low class
Care to elaborate on why you think that?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
....cheap, nasty-looking. Agree with you.
Bless your little heart that you think my tattoo from my time in the Marine Corps makes me "low class, cheap and nasty looking" in your opinion.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Some people think they look cool. Some people think they symbolize and help express their experiences. Some people don't like them. I think they look bad and are generally reserved for people who don't have much to say, thus the need to stand out with a cliche'.

But then, I've met some really cool people with full sleeves.

Upon thorough examination and deep thought, I have concluded that, while I personally dislike tattoos, I don't really care either way.

Your Pal,

Thinkin about it, MD, PHD, Esq.
Trust me, I have plenty to say You don't think that someone who is willing to permanently mark themselves would be a tad more likely to have a lot to say, not vice versa.

I've found that people with a large amount of tattoos (good tattoos, mind you) are more outgoing and far easier to be friends with than more vanilla people.

You know the old saying.... The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care if you are tattooed or not.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 AM

74 posts, read 129,240 times
Oh boy... So let me get this straight TKramar. You have absolutely no interest in any sort of art? Do you listen to music? Do you drive a car? Or any sort of transportation? What about when you were decorating your house or even wearing the clothes you have on your back? Whether you realize it or not, everything is art, something that someone felt passionate about. Obviously everyone is allowed to have their own opinion but I don't see why everyone is so negative about tattoos, to go out of your way to not be friends with or accept someone because they have a tattoo, come on grow up!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,086 times
Gosh, I'm astounded these attitudes still prevail. Not too long ago, I was in class and I typically sit towards the front. I was wearing a shirt that showed a tiny bit of my tattoo (it's between my shoulderblades and was peeking out from my shirt; it was visible becasue I had my hair pulled in a ponytail). Some guys behind me were making raunchy comments "I'm going to talk to that chick; she has a tattoo so you know she's an easy f***". After further comments did I realize they were talking about me. All of these assumptions just because I have a little bit of ink-something I designed that has personal meaning (nothing to do with being 'easy').

Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
some girls think guys with tattoos are very hot, these are the ones you wana avoid.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMegan View Post
Oh boy... So let me get this straight TKramar. You have absolutely no interest in any sort of art? Do you listen to music? Do you drive a car? Or any sort of transportation? What about when you were decorating your house or even wearing the clothes you have on your back? Whether you realize it or not, everything is art, something that someone felt passionate about. Obviously everyone is allowed to have their own opinion but I don't see why everyone is so negative about tattoos, to go out of your way to not be friends with or accept someone because they have a tattoo, come on grow up!
I don't "go out of my way" to be friends with anyone. Music's okay, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Don't think about it much.

I don't drive--I walk everywhere I go. I'm not sure what you mean by "decorating my house". My place has 4 white walls in every room, with nothing hanging on them. It doesn't have what you'd call a "personal touch". In fact, what little I do have is still packed in boxes.

Clothes--as far as I'm concerned--are clothes. All they're really good for is keeping me out of trouble for indecent exposure. Basic blue jeans and solid color T-shirts.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some girls think guys with tattoos are very hot, these are the ones you wana avoid.
Want to avoid for what? I think well done tattoos on a man are very very attractive, but I think terribly done tattoos (or ones with raunch) make a man less attractive.

For the record, I have quite a bit of skin covered with ink, and my boyfriend has none. Never had anything pierced, never had a tattoo and has no inkling to get one.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't "go out of my way" to be friends with anyone. Music's okay, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Don't think about it much.

I don't drive--I walk everywhere I go. I'm not sure what you mean by "decorating my house". My place has 4 white walls in every room, with nothing hanging on them. It doesn't have what you'd call a "personal touch". In fact, what little I do have is still packed in boxes.

Clothes--as far as I'm concerned--are clothes. All they're really good for is keeping me out of trouble for indecent exposure. Basic blue jeans and solid color T-shirts.
If that works for you, awesome.

For me, within the first week of moving into my house we had lots of paintings/posters etc. up and started painting the walls. I just can't live in such a sterile environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.