Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 AM

6,741 posts, read 13,953,943 times

Advertisements

I have a question for the folks on this board. When I go shopping I buy the things I like. Maybe it's 3 pair of pants or 4 shirts. I make no attempt at all to buy matching sets. When my wife goes to shop she will only buy matching outfits. If she buys a pair of slacks she won't be happy until she finds a matching blouse. Sometimes she has to have the shoes also. She is the same way with our son. She has to by the top and bottom before she is happy. It has to be a outfit not a separate. When I would dress him for school she would always complain because I sent him out with a different pant/shirt combo than the outfit he should be wearing. Unless it is for a specific event I just purchase the things I like without any regard to "the outfit". Is this a woman/man thing or is me and the wife just different in our approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,852,253 times
I don't buy outfits at a time (I'm a guy, by the way) but I do ponder what I have to match the new buy with. No sense buying a pair of pants that won't work with any shirts I own, you know. My wife is not so diligent though, she doesn't buy outfits but she doesn't always think about what she can wear with that new shirt that's on sale.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,886,702 times
My husband is the opposite. He always buys complete outifits or at the very least considers what he has to go with the item at home, and if nothing looks for the other piece. I never do, I just buy what I like, except when he reminds me to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I have a question for the folks on this board. When I go shopping I buy the things I like. Maybe it's 3 pair of pants or 4 shirts. I make no attempt at all to buy matching sets. When my wife goes to shop she will only buy matching outfits. If she buys a pair of slacks she won't be happy until she finds a matching blouse. Sometimes she has to have the shoes also. She is the same way with our son. She has to by the top and bottom before she is happy. It has to be a outfit not a separate. When I would dress him for school she would always complain because I sent him out with a different pant/shirt combo than the outfit he should be wearing. Unless it is for a specific event I just purchase the things I like without any regard to "the outfit". Is this a woman/man thing or is me and the wife just different in our approach.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,203,592 times
I buy pieces based on if they are flattering and a bargin. I like to also pick things that are good for mixing and matching so it usually has an outfit waiting to happen already at home in my closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty