Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,262,748 times

Advertisements

I wrote about this earlier in the year wondering if anyone had heard of or bought one. I went ahead and bought one anyway but didn't use it till last night. I wasn't sure it would work, although there are testimonials about it online there are not that many. Anyway, wow, after just one use my whole face felt/looked tighter and lifted. FOR REAL. My face still feels lifted nearly 24 hours later!!!! I noticed people checking me out all day today which is refreshing, considering the fact that I'll be 39 next week and in the last few years have started to feel "invisible" in public. It is simply the most amazing $300 I have ever spent on anything. My approach to skin care/aging has been careful over the years-- I wear sunscreen, exfoliate, use special moisturizers like Prevage, and have done low glycemic diets like Perricone.
NuFace is now an absolute must-have, something I will never be able to live without. I understand that many people are using injectables (Botox, Restylane, etc.) as an antiaging solution but that is out of my budget.
Just how does microcurrent facial toning work? To understand that, we first need to understand what causes our facial skin to wrinkle and sag. As we age, our muscles become accustomed to certain expressions and tend to “stick” in these positions. A great example of this is the furrow between the eyebrows that many people get. At the same time, other muscles in our face are hardly ever used, and they begin to atrophy, which leads to sagging. An example of this can often be seen around our jaw lines, chins and necks where we tend to develop sagging or loss of definition as we get older.
Microcurrent facial toning machines sends safe, painless impulses to the muscles in your face that help overly-tightened muscles to relax and helps under worked muscles to regain strength. In essence, microcurrent facial toning “re-educates” the facial muscles and restores them back almost to their original shape.
When this happens the visible results are quite dramatic and the face is lifted, firmed and toned back to a much more youthful appearance. At the same time, the microcurrents improve circulation to your face which stimulates production of collagen, improves tone and texture, and improves or eliminates fine lines.

BEFORE, from blog post I found

AFTER

Notice how much bigger this person's eyes look in the after pic. The difference is STUNNING. From her blog post: NuFace: Now anyone can look younger and reduce wrinkles. « women 4 hope

NuFace :: Micro-Current Technology
I am not a NuFace rep.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 10-07-2009 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: necessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:25 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,551,957 times
For a price tag of over 350$ it should make you look like Miss Universe.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM

The NuFace device costs about $300, not $350, and based on having used it only a couple of times it has already more than paid for itself. The day after I used it, which was only one time, I ran in to a younger guy who I hadn't seen in about 5 years who is about ten years younger than me. Anyway, I mentioned, wow, you must be 30 now (we met when he was in college) & he commented that I still look like I am 20 something and asked for my number. I would say that is an exaggeration, I look at least 30, but that is a lot better than being told I look my age or older. Yesterday I went to have my hair cut and and asked my hairdresser if she thought my skin looks better, she said yes, that my whole face looked a whole lot tighter and more toned. I don't think she would say this just to flatter me; I have been her client for nearly a year. I did not have to use the thing for weeks or months on end to get this result either; I have used the thing less than a week!!! NuFace is a total bargain in my opinion. It is one of the best kept secrets.

blog post I found:

Spa beauty invention helps Hollywood age gracefully

Sandra Bullock, Jamie-Lee Curtis, Mel Gibson, Liv Tyler, Meryl Streep, Drew Barrymore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Susan Sarandon, Rene Zellweger, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jane Fonda, and many others are reported microcurrent fans. Many incorporate it into their skincare regime, even more bring it on for big-time photo shoots and red carpet nights.

Last edited by lemon&lime; 10-10-2009 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: necessary

Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
I looked at the before and after pictures in the links. While there were small differences, almost all of the "before" pictures are a bit darker than the "after" pictures. The extra lightness in the "after" pictures minimizes the lines and creases. I'm always suspicious of any before and after pictures unless the degree and angle of light are identical in both pictures.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM

IMO she looks definitely refreshed and less tired. It is not just lighting. She has full on dark circles in the before picture. The after is much more glowy and looks like she put highlighter all over her face, which of course, she didn't. Nuface gives a subtle but noticeable lift to the face that becomes more apparent the longer you use it.

I've used it nearly 5 months and have a much more toned/firm mouth area; the corners of my mouth are upturned. My forehead is so lifted it is sore and my eyes look much wider and whiter. I have been accused of having Botox and my age is guessed as being anywhere from 6-10 years younger, without makeup! I look better as a result of using it!!!! Money very well spent imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I looked at the before and after pictures in the links. While there were small differences, almost all of the "before" pictures are a bit darker than the "after" pictures. The extra lightness in the "after" pictures minimizes the lines and creases. I'm always suspicious of any before and after pictures unless the degree and angle of light are identical in both pictures.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
I'm glad it is working for you. How often do you use it and how long is each session?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 PM

I've used it at least 5 days a week for 15-30 minutes a day. I keep the device on a point for a few seconds, then glide up to the next point, etc. The way it is demonstrated on the Home Shopping Network imo is wrong. They show the lady just sort of gliding it up across one part of her face and voila the area is lifted. In order to really get the skin to lift, duh, you need to keep the microcurrent in that area for at least a minute to really nuke it. I spend 5 minutes at least on one side of my face. My favorite area is my forehead though; it still suprises me how a dinky device can make my forehead that tight and sore. I spend extra time on my eyebrows too, for that extra wide eyed effect.

I have recently been trying out the Tua Viso, a diy facelift facersizer device from Italy, to compare and so far I'm not sure which I like better. Nuface made my skin very tight. Tua Viso plumps the skin up a lot more though. I've lost weight too, so that might have something to do with it.
NuFace :: Micro-Current Technology
Tina Richards: Official Website | Tina Richards

Nuface is written about a lot in U.S. fashion magazines but has little buzz on web boards but good reviews on any retail website.
Tua Viso is written about constantly in the UK press (thanks to Tina Richards who is the UK representative) and also has raves on web boards and good reviews on retail websites. It may be that microcurrent devices are more established and better understood in Europe and that it may be a few years till the U.S. catches on although not likely since the Suzanne Somers Face Master still gets ridiculed despite having pretty good reviews. I would have never bought either device had it not been for Suzanne's book Ageless btw....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I'm glad it is working for you. How often do you use it and how long is each session?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM

I still have and use my Nuface and thought I would update my review after a year and a half...

I think it would be a great buy for the 24-35 crowd-- people who still have fairly firm skin with no sagging. I rely on my Tua Viso for lifting power and use the Nuface for "spa night" once a week. It tones and decongests the skin-- a nice pick me up and makes me feel pampered. I feel I got my money's worth out of it but don't use it the way I originally intended. If you are over 35, go with the Tua Viso!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,985,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
IMO she looks definitely refreshed and less tired. It is not just lighting. She has full on dark circles in the before picture. The after is much more glowy and looks like she put highlighter all over her face, which of course, she didn't. Nuface gives a subtle but noticeable lift to the face that becomes more apparent the longer you use it.
If you like it, fine. Good. Whatever floats your boat. But the differences in the two photos can definitely be the result of different lighting. And cameras. And lenses. And computer-aided corrections.

(Two professional photographers in the family. I sat with one for over an hour yesterday going over stills. He was pointing out shadows I couldn't even see.)

Old 02-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If you like it, fine. Good. Whatever floats your boat. But the differences in the two photos can definitely be the result of different lighting. And cameras. And lenses. And computer-aided corrections.

(Two professional photographers in the family. I sat with one for over an hour yesterday going over stills. He was pointing out shadows I couldn't even see.)
As I said, it's a great toning and decongesting beauty tool for the 25-35 crowd..... it's a spa facial tool. For more serious anti aging results, the Tua Viso is a better bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYsxKWT6pTo

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty