Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I suddenly thought you asked which cup size I would touch and even typed a response

Just got off bed and am still waking up LMAO
HAHAHA Not sure why it showed up like that lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 11:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
HAHAHA Not sure why it showed up like that lol
I'm wide awake now and I would actually touch it too

There's so much fuss about perfumes. For me, if the woman looks good, even if she stinks like CRAP, something converts that into fragrance for my nostrils. Is this a pathological condition?

In my youth, I wrote a poem for my girl, looooooong back, which became useless eventually, but the poem can still be reused.

The specific stanza goes like (from my memory):
Artificially fragrant or not,
we can still tie the knot,
Even if you radiate stench,
you convolute my liver with a wrench

Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm wide awake now and I would actually touch it too

There's so much fuss about perfumes. For me, if the woman looks good, even if she stinks like CRAP, something converts that into fragrance for my nostrils. Is this a pathological condition?

In my youth, I wrote a poem for my girl, looooooong back, which became useless eventually, but the poem can still be reused.

The specific stanza goes like (from my memory):
Artificially fragrant or not,
we can still tie the knot,
Even if you radiate stench,
you convolute my liver with a wrench

hahahhahaha thats great! Has it worked recently for you?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
hahahhahaha thats great! Has it worked recently for you?
I'm not using it anymore.

I'm sort of bothered for the following reaction:

"Eeeeeeeeeww, OMG, Shakespeare alert!"

Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
just a friendly reminder ---so many of us are allergic or very sensitive to your perfumes.........a little dab will do ya but might darn near kill us!! Be especially courteous with your choice of scents on planes and in doctor's offices!! Thanks!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
There is nothing so appealing as the smell of clean, without additives. So many people have issues with fragrances, I really wish more women as well as men would simply be clean with just a freshly shampooed head. All fragrances and colognes belong in the toilet.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,558 times
I wear Timeless by Avon

Hubby wears Corvette cologne

Old 10-10-2009, 06:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
There is nothing so appealing as the smell of clean, without additives. So many people have issues with fragrances, I really wish more women as well as men would simply be clean with just a freshly shampooed head. All fragrances and colognes belong in the toilet.
Hey....I live down here in the sweat box of the world. We have to use something or we will all stink.

I'm more partial to shower type body sprays unless it is a "special" occasion....then I might put on something a little sweeter.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
I'm with AliceT on this issue. I have had to leave more concerts, dinners, plays and other events than I can count, just in order to keep breathing. Scent may be a fun way for folks to enhance your fashion choices, but your choice to use those scents literally makes it impossible for others of us to survive in the same room with you.

Centuries ago, people used heavy scents and perfumes to cover up the body odors that were inevitable when soap and water were not commonly used. That's not necessary today. And yes, I have lived in a semi-tropical latitude, and yes, I know it's not easy in those areas to keep from stinking, but "not easy" does not equate to "impossible."

In my admittedly jaundiced opinion, plain old unscented soap and water is still the most powerful aphrodisiac ever invented.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
I'm with AliceT on this issue. I have had to leave more concerts, dinners, plays and other events than I can count, just in order to keep breathing. Scent may be a fun way for folks to enhance your fashion choices, but your choice to use those scents literally makes it impossible for others of us to survive in the same room with you.

Centuries ago, people used heavy scents and perfumes to cover up the body odors that were inevitable when soap and water were not commonly used. That's not necessary today. And yes, I have lived in a semi-tropical latitude, and yes, I know it's not easy in those areas to keep from stinking, but "not easy" does not equate to "impossible."

In my admittedly jaundiced opinion, plain old unscented soap and water is still the most powerful aphrodisiac ever invented.

add being confined to the cabin of an airplane. It's bad enough if anyone has on perfume or cologne but when the person seated right next to you decided to share her choice of perfumes in this tiny little space for 5 hours and what I ended up with was a raging migraine then sinus issues the entire trip. Thanks Ms had to wear perfume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty