Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,572 times

Advertisements

This is kind of a retarded question but I was just curious.

I'm 18 and love nailpolish with a passion, and I love small nail designs like a bow on the pinky finger, or polka dots maybe a heart or flower, but nothing tacky, only small cute things, atleast I think they are . Since I'm 18 I think it's still ok for me to do it, also I'm going to school for cosmetology so I'm just that type that loves to primp and is good at it, but I am by no means shallow or fake because of that.

My question for guys is, if you saw a girl that did this would you still be attracted to her or would it make you think she was childish and fake?
And girls do you like nail designs, or do you think they're immature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM

612 posts, read 1,842,988 times
I don't see many gals my age wearing designed nail polish and I'm 20. That be cool for some men/boys but typically most guys will not care or will make assumpstions about your personality.

Good luck.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 PM

192 posts, read 617,648 times
im 23 and i do designs on my nails sometimes, and i think its fun and creative when i see other people do their nails with designs, also
im not sure if theres a Forever 21 store near you, but last week I went to the one by me and they had a LOT of those skinny brush tip nail polishes that are for the fine detail, and the bottles are only $1.80 the brand was L.A. Colors. so I stocked up....or I'm sure you can buy them online. I'm in cosmetology school, too. It never hurts to know how to do more, especially with this field....being creative and knowing more (especially knowing how to do nail designs that others you work with may not know) makes you stand out, and people remember you want want to come to you and they tell their friends about you...if you ever see someone with their nails done nice, or you like their dye job, do you ask where they got it done? i do. I'm totally rambling, but no i dont think it's tacky, and its a good skill to practice and learn. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty