Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times

Advertisements

Hasn't anyone ever heard of the "sporty" look?

I own about six pairs of sweats. Give or take a few. Each pair cost me about fifty dollars. They aren't cheap or tacky. They don't look like any of those tacky photos either. I typically wear alot of hoodies too. I am over thirty.

If you can pull it off, you can pull it off. I am an athlete too. So I am in shape. But I like to wear them for comfort and style.

There are times when I dress up. But if I am just out and about doing errands, why not wear them. I don't care what others think. I look good. I probably spend more on my sweats and hoodies than most spend on their normal wardrobe. So why not get comfortable and chill. I couldn't get comfortable in these tight jeans the kids today wear. I need loose. I hate button up shirts too. Only for work. Just not my style.

I agree with what some posters have said though. No trashy type sweats and top. If that's the case, I would rather not see that too.

If you have some style you can wear that stuff around. Most athletes dress loosely. It's just what we prefer. I like to be in relaxing clothing when I can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Hasn't anyone ever heard of the "sporty" look?

I own about six pairs of sweats. Give or take a few. Each pair cost me about fifty dollars. They aren't cheap or tacky. They don't look like any of those tacky photos either. I typically wear alot of hoodies too. I am over thirty.
That is EXACTLY what Im talking about. I have only Addidas sweats and they are not cheap. The "sporty" look is exactly what its called. I also call it the "Standard Russian dude attire" because almost all Russian guys I know wear nothing but Addidas sweats and that is almost all the time.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I have a hoodie too. When it does get cold, I wear the hood over my black knit watch cap.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Are sweats considered too "young" of a clothing style to be worn by 30 year old men? As long as they are nice, clean and not sloppy is it still considered OK to wear casually? Just around the house, to the coffee shop or going shopping is OK? Or do most men outgrow sweats after they leave college?

Dude, 30 is the new 20! LOL. I'm in my 40's and, as a lifelong jock--and slacker--I've been wearing sweats in public forever, and see nothing wrong with it. But here are a few caveats:

1--Don't EVER tuck your shirt into sweatpants. This look is reserved soley for kids who ride thew shortbus to school, and the Forrest Gump Types.
2--Don't wear them in public during the week, during working hours. This makes you look like an umeployed loser who doesn't even have the motivation to put on a pair of Dockers in the morning. Wear sweats ONLY on weekends and on evenings of weekdays--like if you just got out of the gym and decided to stop by StarBucks for a smoothie, sweats are OK.
3--Don't ever do the Nylon sweat suit with gold bling around your neck, unless your boss's name is Tony Soprano and you hang out at the Bada Bing!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,597,493 times
FOR CHRSIT'S SAKE...I ALWAYS SAID THAT I WOULDN'T WEAR THEM ON A DATE. However, for my daily routine I now know that they are OK and no one really cares. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK, THIS HELPS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I doubt I'd date anybody who spends $50 on a pair of sweatpants. I would raise an eyebrow at the expenditure moreso than the sweatpants.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I doubt I'd date anybody who spends $50 on a pair of sweatpants. I would raise an eyebrow at the expenditure moreso than the sweatpants.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I wear sweat pants when I am doing errands, I couldn't give a rats arse what people think. I need to be comfortable, running all around.

People these days have such hangups, it is actually sickening, and yeah I might add, I do wear, Oh Noooo, I'm not going to say wifebeater's outside....Well, I do, and again, I couldn't give a rats arse.....

but thank heavens I have the body for it......eek !!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I wear sweat pants when I am doing errands, I couldn't give a rats arse what people think. I need to be comfortable, running all around.

People these days have such hangups, it is actually sickening, and yeah I might add, I do wear, Oh Noooo, I'm not going to say wifebeater's outside....Well, I do, and again, I couldn't give a rats arse.....

but thank heavens I have the body for it......eek !!!!
I assume that by 'the body for it' you mean a torso.

Or I have to assume that your hangups are = to all those that you are bashing

Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I am not bashing anyone.
But it seems like for some reason it is a terrible sin to be seen outside with sweat pants, and a wife beater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty