Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times

Advertisements

Go to any restaurant...hell, go anywhere and you can smell them a mile away. People who drown themselves in perfume. A woman at work was wearing so much that I started to sneeze. Next time, I will get surgical mask and wear it. Do these people get on your nerves? I just want to tell them, "Hey...it's alot cheaper to use soap and water!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
There is this one kind of perfume. I don't know what it's called but a lot of women wear it. It smells just like an insecticide to me and I really feel ill whenever I smell it. It's not just women though, I often smell men that must have splashed the stuff on like water. I like wearing scent myself and I usually wear obsession. If I am using it every day a bottle lasts close to a year and my wife still complains that I have too much on at times.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
There is this one kind of perfume. I don't know what it's called but a lot of women wear it. It smells just like an insecticide to me and I really feel ill whenever I smell it. It's not just women though, I often smell men that must have splashed the stuff on like water. I like wearing scent myself and I usually wear obsession. If I am using it every day a bottle lasts close to a year and my wife still complains that I have too much on at times.

Agreed!!! I am still on a 5 year old bottle of Coolwater.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
I used to love wearing perfume but haven't for over 20 years. I've always worked with lots of women and they've been wearing more than enough for all of us.

Men are guilty as well with their cologne.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,344 times
From what I understand, one becomes immune to the odor, so one applies more in order to smell it themselves.

Most peoples sense of smell is so weak due to over exposure to so many redundant scents: deodorant, cosmetics, cleaning products, candles, smoking, and pets. You can't smell your own.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I rarely rarely wear 'perfumes' of the normal variety.... if I do, it's two quick spritzes in an X pattern from my collarbone to the bottom of my breasts.

I usually wear body sprays, which are a lot softer and you can only really smell them if you're within 2 or so feet of the person. Nobody I work with wears perfume or cologne, really.... it's nice

Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,604 times
My mom wears this really heavy stuff, I don't know how she can stand it. The nice thing is that when she hugs me I can smell the smell all day and it reminds me of her, the bad thing is that I hate the smell itself! I wear body spray sometimes, but not for a few years now. As a teen it was part of one's makeup ritual: deodorant, then body spray, then clothes

Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM

If you ever want to really vomit, smell White Diamonds. UGH!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Go to any restaurant...hell, go anywhere and you can smell them a mile away. People who drown themselves in perfume. A woman at work was wearing so much that I started to sneeze. Next time, I will get surgical mask and wear it. Do these people get on your nerves? I just want to tell them, "Hey...it's alot cheaper to use soap and water!!!"
I don't wear cologne or aftershave. I don't see the point. (I also don't wear deodorant.)

Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,123,754 times
I am blind and have an enhanced sense of smell. I can smell someone a mile away and what is a bit funny is that my Service Dog will only 'react' (turn his head in interest) to someone who is really smelly.

It is really unpleasant when someone smells strongly due to hygiene ( or lack thereof) or because they use far too much scent. ICK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty