Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times

Advertisements

Retailers Sell Snoods for the Holidays - WSJ.com

if it's affordable at any local store I'll probably buy one and check it out. I do feel,after looking at the photo that it's a little too long and would be more beneficial had it been a tad shorter to warm the neck area more. Also a shorter length would seem to make it less heavy.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
I have always thought of snoods being more along the line of these Lady MacSnood-Maker of Fine Hand made Hair Accessories for the Reenactor & discerning Lady/Special orders more than welcome!

I have had a few that were smaller & attached to a barrette that I wore all of the time. Hair accessories, headbands, barrettes. Evans Mills, NY (http://www.girlsareusny.com/1499223.html - broken link) Sometimes it is just too hot for all of this hair.

Personally I don't care for the ones you linked to. They are a glorified scarf to me.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I have always thought of snoods being more along the line of these Lady MacSnood-Maker of Fine Hand made Hair Accessories for the Reenactor & discerning Lady/Special orders more than welcome!

I have had a few that were smaller & attached to a barrette that I wore all of the time. Sometimes it is just too hot for all of this hair.

Personally I don't care for the ones you linked to. They are a glorified scarf to me.
it's the only time I've ever seen one or even heard of a snood; so is the only link I had. Do you have others? Would love to see variations.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:14 AM

I just edited my first post to include a link to some other types. I will see if I can find the site I used to order from.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:23 AM

*harumps* I can't find the site I used to use, but here are some links to some other sites with different types.

Melanie Moore Designs | Snoods

Snoods

Snoods - Head Snood - Crochet Hair Snoods - Head Covering for Renaissance Hairstyle

Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Those are hideous!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Rapist's dream tool?

They look alright...But I would not wear them. I think it would be kinda dangerous for little kids to wear them too for play.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
*harumps* I can't find the site I used to use, but here are some links to some other sites with different types.

Melanie Moore Designs | Snoods

Snoods

Snoods - Head Snood - Crochet Hair Snoods - Head Covering for Renaissance Hairstyle
wow--HUGE difference in these and the ones I saw this morning.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Yeah, my image of a snood is the net-like hair-holder sold at renaissance fairs (which I used to wear, back in my long-hair-having, renaissance-fair-attending days...not those "infinity scarves" or whatever. It's not even really the same garment as what's shown.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:23 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:

I have had a few that were smaller & attached to a barrette that I wore all of the time. Hair accessories, headbands, barrettes. Evans Mills, NY (http://www.girlsareusny.com/1499223.html - broken link) Sometimes it is just too hot for all of this hair.

That's pretty much what I've always considered a snood too.

We had to wear them often as a head piece when we were dancing.

And I agree the ones DreamWeavin posted are more of a hood to me.

I guess in terms of keeping your head warm I'd maybe prefer one to a hat and scarf for practicality reasons PLUS I could see them stopping you from getting the cursed "hat head" but I don't really have the hair for something like that. It's too fine and soft and most things not teathered down would just slide off.......so effectively it would just be a glorified collar for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty