Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 PM

96 posts, read 380,653 times

Advertisements

Lost weight and now most new, smaller pants just have too much fabric in behind. Who makes nicer pants that fit smaller in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 05:47 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
I frequently have that problem, it seems manufacturers design pants for women with generous hips/buttocks. Try a "slim fit". I like Talbot's, and Ann Taylor. You could also try The Gap, although I personally am not a fan of their low-rise pants.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM

96 posts, read 380,653 times
Talbots? Thank you. Will get onto their catalog mailing list again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I frequently have that problem, it seems manufacturers design pants for women with generous hips/buttocks. Try a "slim fit". I like Talbot's, and Ann Taylor. You could also try The Gap, although I personally am not a fan of their low-rise pants.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:42 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestemor View Post
Talbots? Thank you. Will get onto their catalog mailing list again.
It's still hit or miss, I usually have to spend a ridiculous amount of time trying different styles on. And I haven't shopped there this season. Good luck, hopefully you'll get some other suggestions.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
Try "miss" sections. ( how they have the cut: junior, miss and then womens)

Those cuts go from straiter/smaller/flatter to more rounded generous cuts in the butt and boob area.

Avoid anything "relaxed cut"

Maybe you just need a smaller size too?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:33 PM

648 posts, read 3,090,014 times
i like the gap for pants. they have a variety of styles and fits.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 PM

37,596 posts, read 45,972,346 times
I like H&M pants - they sized a bit slimmer than most American brands. They fit my less-than-full rear end rather nicely.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Lost weight and now most new, smaller pants just have too much fabric in behind. Who makes nicer pants that fit smaller in that area?
Are you wanting jeans that make you look like you have a butt?

If so, only one brand comes to mind; Rockies.

Yeah, they are "cowgirl" jeans, but they are also the only jeans I have ever seen that can make anyone's flat butt look like a perfect upside down heart.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
ALmost forgot: CK pants. All the stuff they make is usually cut straiter and flatter. There are certain things I can't even wear because even small I have round things puffing out. I really just like the stuff they put out usually.

Denim - Apparel - Calvin Klein

You can tell even by just looking at those pants they are flatter on the round parts.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,536 times
Wink You'll never go wrong with the "Body Enhancing Jeans"

Quote:
Theres many new jeans designed with lightweight fabrics that enhances your body. I have a few pair and they really mold my body nicely. I do not have much butt, so I like to use the body enhancer jeans that I bought from [URL="http://www.telegaleria.com"]www.telegaleria.com[/URL] from Verox and the Rogo brand. These jeans are very comfortable.

You may also want to try the "stretch jeans" from American Eagle, they also fit well. These jeans are a little thicker.

Every woman has a different body, so I suggest you try few until you find the one that fits bets for you. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty