U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 11:26 PM

1,004 posts, read 545,377 times

Advertisements

As stated I'm looking for good sources/products to assist in revitalizing my hands and feet. Played soccer and the violin for quite a while and the appendages are a bit rough, though far from intolerable. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,883,863 times
You want a salt or sugar scrub and a heavy lotion for both areas. For your feet you are probably going to need a pumice stone + foot file.

You can make the scrub with any sugar or sea salt (table salt irritates,dont use it) + olive oil.

For your hands tonight: Take a fine sea salt scoop in your cupped palm, pour olive oil over it.
(about 1/2 shotglass) Just scrub up all over your hands for a minute or so. Do it over a bowl and you can pick up the oiled salt that falls out of your hand instead of rebatching in your hand. Rinse your hands and then put on some lotion.

You can do the same with your feet, but I think feet need that pumice stone or file if you really use them. It will get the skin all nice around your toe nails though.

A couple brands to check out for lotions and scrubs:
Lush(lots of scrubs), Jack Black, Kiehls.

Kiehls actually has a kit with some stuff:
Ultimate Man Collection | Kiehl's Since 1851

That hand cream is awesome.

The drugstore stuff will get you through but I find using something from a little bit higher end range is needed for repair work like this.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:02 PM

Thanks a million, I'll try this out and let you know the progress.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:13 AM

2,637 posts, read 11,186,319 times
For fast, easy results, try callus remover - at least for your feet. You can get it at beauty supply stores in the pedicure section. It breaks down heavy callus in minutes and makes it easy to buff it away.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM

Again, thanks folks. Keep the suggestions coming. I order that bundle also.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 AM

3,402 posts, read 12,379,302 times
I'm going to try the sea salt + olive oil combination as soon as I can! Thanks for the info!

I was told a long while ago, for the heavier callouses, that soaking your feet in warm milk worked wonders. I had the indecency to try it one night, feet soaked in a bowl for about 20 mins of warm milk, then went at 'em over the bowl with a pumice stone. It was great ...right up until the cat wandered in and drank up the milk. Grossed me out too much to ever try it again! lol This new idea sounds less expensive, and less mentally traumatic (for me AND the cat)

Old 11-21-2009, 10:53 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,883,863 times
LOL....cats are so gross for how much attitude they put out; arent they?

You can try soaking in hot starfruit(1) & mangos (1) puree + fresh chem free rose petals (3) + coconut oil (2 shot glasses)+ cinnamon(to your nose's liking, but about a tsp) + white tea (enough to cover feet). I don't think the cat will drink that and it smells much better than footie milk to humans. ☺ The hot tea water makes the fruit puree hot enough if you start at room temp.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 PM

290 posts, read 1,008,028 times
You should try AmLactin lotion- the stuff is an absolute godsend for getting rid of rough, dry skin. It has lactic acid which literally dissolves the nasty stuff, leaving you with soft, smooth skin. I use it all over a couple of times a week, and I will never be without it. It's a little pricey, but their website has coupons, and a little bit truly goes a long way.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:04 AM

467 posts, read 417,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
As stated I'm looking for good sources/products to assist in revitalizing my hands and feet. Played soccer and the violin for quite a while and the appendages are a bit rough, though far from intolerable. Thanks again.
I do my husband's hands with a loofar and feet first with a pumice stone, then soak hands & feet in warm soapy water. After 15 mins I apply unrefined shea butter into which I have mixed jojoba oil. He used to use his hands a great deal when we were running our rainbow trout farm. Both hands and feet are slowly getting less calloused but not soft. Will not require to loofar hands any more but feet will need a few more months work. He really relaxes when I do his feet and falls asleep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty