Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 AM

5 posts, read 13,275 times

Advertisements

Think that how you will look without eyes???????
Obviously very strange
So never practice this thing because once you will cut your eyelashes they will never grow back and then you will have to face all. So dont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 AM

4 posts, read 4,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Has anyone ever trimmed their eyelashes to stimulate growth? I read that this works, but have never known anyone to actually do it. Does it work? And why?
I havent use this tactic,try to use eyelash growth products and it works...

Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Hair, whether on your head or eyelashes, etc. is DEAD - cutting it off stimulates nothing. It might appear to some that hair grows faster but it is not possible - on your head, hair might look better because the damaged ends were cut off.
Also, normal hairs taper at the ends where they are worn down or split. Cutting them blunts the hair,making it look thicker thereby giving the appearance of quicker growth. I would agree with an earlier poster, not a good idea to have sharp implements near the eye. Stick to mascara.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I've noticed that my eyelashes are shorter and a little more sparse than they used to be, and my eyebrows are a little skimpier too. I've started using eyebrow pencil for the first time in my life. No way I am risking cutting my lashes and not getting them back!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,427 times
Cutting/shaving lashes or hair does not make it grow in thicker/longer. It's simple genetics.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 989 times
omg!!! DO NOT DO THAT WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THATS A GOOD IDEA?!??!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOO THATS JUST WRONG!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 PM

395 posts, read 707,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Has anyone ever trimmed their eyelashes to stimulate growth? I read that this works, but have never known anyone to actually do it. Does it work? And why?
you will only be stimulating tears for many weeks to come

Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigseoexpert View Post
Eye lash cutting doesn't work for humans.
As opposed to??????

Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Why not get Latisse, the new FDA approved drug for stimulating lash growth? Just make sure you read about the side effects. LATISSE® Home | LATISSE® — the first and only FDA-approved eyelash growth treatment
(Am I the only one whose been innundated with the ads and commercials for this?)

Yeah but if you read the fine print, when you stop taking it, the results revert back to before. Kinda like rogain. While you take it, no probs; but if you quit you loose the growth, and go back to before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acqua123 View Post
So never practice this thing because once you will cut your eyelashes they will never grow back and then you will have to face all. So dont
Not true. The kiddo cut her eyelashes and shaved her eyebrows off about 4 yrs ago, and they are both just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDPERSON View Post
omg!!! DO NOT DO THAT WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THATS A GOOD IDEA?!??!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOO THATS JUST WRONG!
Um, maybe cause of the same reason that people think cutting your hair makes it grow.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:44 PM

541 posts, read 861,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDPERSON View Post
Your user name made me laugh! That's all.

p.s. please folks do NOT cut your lashes in the hope that they will grow more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty