Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 10:12 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,538,196 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever dye their eyelashes with Roux brand eyelash/brow dye? I tried it, and it didn't seem to stay on all that long. I could tell it was coming off after the second week, but it still has some that hangs on. We'll see how long it really lasts. Anyone on this forum have any experience with dying their lashes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 AM

Wow..nobody has used Roux to dye their lashes? Surprising.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM

13,396 posts, read 44,922,766 times
I've been getting my eyelashes tinted for years.
Since moving to Florida, I haven't been thrilled with the tint that my esthetician uses, although she has a new German one which seems better than before.
But I think it is more application than the actual tint that is the problem.
She puts it on in a somewhat skimpy manner. The other lady really laid it on; sometimes my eyes would sting a bit but she would just give me some saline and I was fine, with really nice results.

There is a beauty supply company here and I tried one of their eyelash tints with good results. I might buy their sixpack and just begin doing it myself.
I can't remember if it is Roux, but I know I've seen Roux in the online stores.
Both the spa tint and the one I did myself last about 5-6 weeks.

I really like the look. I swim a lot, 12 months a year, and enjoy the convenience of tinting my eyelashes. Of course it is not as thick and lush as mascara or some of the the other new methods. But it works for me.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,938,437 times
I've had mine done before and I liked it. I just didn't like it enough to keep it up. It only lasted on me for a couple weeks.

I am interested in trying that new stuff that grows your lashes longer and thicker.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:11 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,691,077 times
I have some eyebrow and eyelash dye I bought at Boots in the UK. I've never seen such a product here in the US.

It works well on the eyebrows lasting about 4 weeks, but I found it too irritating to use on the eyelashes, and it didn't seem to last long on the lashes either.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 AM

Ah..ha! So, I am not alone in the eyelash tinting not lasting. Good..I thought I was nuts for awhile.
I do like the results which are better than nothing, but wish they were stronger and better results than I am getting with Roux.
Anyone know the name of another eyelash tint than Roux that is superior?

Old 02-28-2022, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Anyone ever dye their eyelashes with Roux brand eyelash/brow dye? I tried it, and it didn't seem to stay on all that long. I could tell it was coming off after the second week, but it still has some that hangs on. We'll see how long it really lasts. Anyone on this forum have any experience with dying their lashes?
I had it done at the hairdresser, it takes a very short time, I highly recommend it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty