Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times

Advertisements

Read this on yahoo and thought it was an interesting topic to disucss:

Would You EVER Let Your Guy Pick Out Your Clothes? I Did, for a Week! - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

"After reading a Shine post that featured husbands picking out an outfit for their wives, we got to thinking. Sure, a guy could probably pick out a decent outfit from a pre-screened selection of clothes once, but could he do it with a regular girl's closet (that hasn't been cleaned out in years, eep!) for a week?"

My reaction...HECK NO...I think he'd have me dressed like a hooker most days!

Also, he can't even figure out what clothes belong in my closet and which are my daughters (she is 8yrs old and I'm 37 ...we don't wear nearly the same size or styles ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Absolutely. He has excellent taste.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
No Way! He would have put me in a Burka if he could have. Or maybe some sort of nun outfit, with sensible shoes.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
I'd pick something like this for Mrs Chamataka

Diane von Furstenberg - Eranthe Ombre-Print Long Skirt - Neiman Marcus

Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Um, no.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
We'll, since Mrs. Lao isnt an "office" worker, Id put her in something casual that is relatively common wear among the women her age in our area. These seem to be popular among women here in Starbucks, the local Mall, shopping places, etc. - Mrs. Lao would wear these pants - bandhas crop - lululemon athletica

and maybe a top like this - run:mind over matter pullover - lululemon athletica or like this - define jacket - lululemon athletica

She'd be stylin'.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
I'd trust my husband. He's pretty good at throwing things together. He'd just make sure he was picking out the more fitted and revealing clothes, along with the highest heels/wedges, from my wardrobe.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
We'll, since Mrs. Lao isnt an "office" worker, Id put her in something casual that is relatively common wear among the women her age in our area. These seem to be popular among women here in Starbucks, the local Mall, shopping places, etc. - Mrs. Lao would wear these pants - bandhas crop - lululemon athletica

and maybe a top like this - run:mind over matter pullover - lululemon athletica or like this - define jacket - lululemon athletica

She'd be stylin'.
With that being said, in reality, my wife would more than likely NEVER let me pick out her clothes. She has an outstanding fashion sense already. Whatever I would say wear, she would say no and add "You just want me to show off my a$$". She'd probably be right, and she'd wear whatever she wants to wear.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,983 times
My wife has impeccable fashion taste and I not only let her pick out clothes for me--at least before heading-out to an occasion which merits something dressier than my usual cargo shorts and polo shirt--I ask her for he help!
It often reminds me of the old Bill Cosby routine, where he talked about how the longer guys are married, the more they become like little kids, in that they depend on the wife for more and more things. Cosby would then sit on the edge of the bed, with his hands on his knees, palms up, goofy grin on his face, like he was sitting beside his young son: "OK--sit down...mommy is going to dress us now! This is going to be fun! And then maybe after we can have some milk and cookies....."

Old 05-19-2011, 03:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
Absolutely. Hubby has pretty much the same tastes as I do when it comes to women's clothes.

I suspect he might want me to wear a little more colour but I would trust him not to make me end up looking like Coco the Clown. Our only disagreement might come to him wanting to make me wear trousers ( pants ) which I loathe but I am sure he would be fairly reasonable as he wants me to be comfortable and to me trousers are sheer sartorial torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty