Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

After four pregnancies, Denise Hendry, wife of ex-Scottish soccer pro Colin Hendry, decided to go under the knife to help flatten her tummy, a decision she regretted for years afterwards, and ultimately, paid for with her life.

When Plastic Surgery Goes Wrong - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 12:49 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
During a 2002 liposuction procedure, Hendry suffered nine punctures to her bowels and colon, resulting in blood poisoning, renal failure, cardiac arrest, and a collapsed lung, according to a report published in the U.K. paper The Daily Mail.
Oh good Lord! What an unbelievable story. I thought this was actually a safe procedure this day and age.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM

279 posts, read 625,145 times
This part was especially unbelievable:

"In this country, only 14 states require that the facility where the procedure is performed is licensed or accredited for safety"

-Steve

Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Did'nt some famous celeb - black guy, athlete or music personality, can't remember which - lose his mom to a similar incident like a year or two ago?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:55 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
That's just freaking scary....and has effectively warded me off from all cosmetic surgery forever.

bowels, colon, collapsed lung, meningitis--BRAIN DAMAGE HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,376 times
Default there are good ones out there

there are good Dr.s out there but I don't know how you find them. I know I went to one that really messed me up and I didn't do anything about it because I was . It cost me 20,000.00 and a life time of enduring my looks. I really did the research. I believe Dr.s have a responsibility but $$ comes first. When I asked him if he would fix it he said yes to come and sit in a chair and he would do it. I needed to go under the first time but now I get the office chair and it was major surgery. He told me it would cost me again to go to the operating room. I had only saved what I had already given him and I wasn't going to charge it. BAD DR. BAD PLACE. and a big fancy suit of offices in Austin. So watch out people, who you see.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM

432 posts, read 3,658,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Did'nt some famous celeb - black guy, athlete or music personality, can't remember which - lose his mom to a similar incident like a year or two ago?
That was one of the biggest atrocities of all time...... OF ALLL TIIIIMEEE

Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 AM

660 posts, read 1,397,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrine mirth View Post
there are good Dr.s out there but I don't know how you find them. I know I went to one that really messed me up and I didn't do anything about it because I was . It cost me 20,000.00 and a life time of enduring my looks. I really did the research. I believe Dr.s have a responsibility but $$ comes first. When I asked him if he would fix it he said yes to come and sit in a chair and he would do it. I needed to go under the first time but now I get the office chair and it was major surgery. He told me it would cost me again to go to the operating room. I had only saved what I had already given him and I wasn't going to charge it. BAD DR. BAD PLACE. and a big fancy suit of offices in Austin. So watch out people, who you see.
How sad. This reminds me of Kathy Griffin, who has admitted to having some plastic surgery in recent years. She spoke in her comedy acts of how the liposuction she had on her abdominal area and thighs somehow ended up puncturing her bladder and causing an infection. She also had Lasic surgery to correct her vision and the Doctor that did it screwed up one of her eyes badly and offered to correct it for her. She let him and now she says she can barely see out of that eye. I used to think that the very Wealthy as well as Actors and Actresses were semi-immune to getting bad surgery but I've been proven wrong.

Last edited by ladysovereign; 07-05-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty