Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,553,218 times

Advertisements

Pitt transplant, I do exfoliate my neck/face maybe 3X a week. It isn't wrinkles in my neck, it's sag...sag from just being an old geezer. I do NOT want--and will resort to plastic surgery--before I end up looking like a turkey..gobble, gobble you will not hear from me...ever.
I plan to start lifting weights again, which may help the neck muscles; but, I need a good, rich cream that goes into the skin for the neck. The skin is thin there and needs some help.
In desperation, I might just have to break-down and buy La Mer again. It did work, anyway, insofar as plumping my skin some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,188,093 times
About 20 years ago I used Skin Mystique on my face and noticed that it really did reduce the fine lines around my eyes. Haven't used it since but it's still around and much more pricey than it was 20 years ago.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,227,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Pitt transplant, I do exfoliate my neck/face maybe 3X a week. It isn't wrinkles in my neck, it's sag...sag from just being an old geezer. I do NOT want--and will resort to plastic surgery--before I end up looking like a turkey..gobble, gobble you will not hear from me...ever.
I plan to start lifting weights again, which may help the neck muscles; but, I need a good, rich cream that goes into the skin for the neck. The skin is thin there and needs some help.
In desperation, I might just have to break-down and buy La Mer again. It did work, anyway, insofar as plumping my skin some.
Ahh! I bet lifting weights will. Maybe gain 5-10 lbs too. My s.o.'s boss got botox in her hands and neck and it looked really good. I thought the face looked kinda...off. But the neck just looked nice.

Sample that strivectin or buy it and keep the sales slip. You can always trade it in for the LaMer. I wanted to try that after reading that A.Jolie used it (lovely skin) but when I saw the price I about died. LOL

I think its really cool how the batch it up and ferment it.

Another one I like:
Sephora: Bliss The Youth As We Know It To Go: Skincare

Its on sale now for 10 bucks. Usually its 25. I don't know much it will lift. Its not going to lift like the strivectin neck cream. But it does help keep my normal/dry skin moist. My cheeks can get really dry.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:06 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,553,218 times
Tilli, I did look up the Shiseido...wow...MORE expensive than La Mer per ounce. By alot, too. However, the reviews were glowing everywhere I look. Dang, it it often costs to look good.
In fact, I looked up everything all of you suggested. Lots of good reviews if you put "reviews" in your search bar on every product usually.
Botox on the neck and hands? I'm sure it works great, but the expense..yikes. It used to cost like $500 for just around your eyes and lasts like 4 months. Pretty pricey.

Can you tell me what you think of Strivectin neck cream, Pitt_transplant? I looked it up and the reviews were basically good, but what is your experience? Never known anyone who used it at all. The name turns me off, but if it works I'm there..ha!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Well I used it on me and my s.o.

My experience: Neck is dry, can tend to be extra creasey, not saggy, but not 18yo tight either.
When I applied it I could feel it doing something. At that point I got kinda scared because I have had olay things turn into rashes quite a bit. So I am waving it dry and my neck looked totally fixed. No line darkness and it felt really tight. When I turn my head to the side I get those extra creases normally now. But not when I used this stuff.

S.o.'s experience: really dry, extra crease, fatty jowl (irish + extra pounds)
I put it on him and it lifted that fatty jowl he had! He always asks me to get this stuff but its too pricey for me right now. People SAID stuff to him. "oh you look fresh today"

I can imagine things, he can imagine things, but people noticing...that says everything is working!

It felt strong enough that I would do a 24 hour patch test with it. Its serious..lol

Old 01-11-2010, 04:34 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,835,224 times
I you whip up egg whites just a bit and put it on, it really tightens up everything, but only temporarily of course. I mean, put it on, let it dry completely, and then splash it off with cold water.

Last edited by loveautumn; 01-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: add instructions

Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,277,513 times
Nuface Microcurrent
NuFace :: Micro-Current Technology

Clarisonic Skincare Brush
Top Skin Care Products, Facial Skin Care, Skin Care Brush - Clarisonic

MH3 Miracle Hydrate-- Botox Alternative products
MH3 | Miracle Hydrate Botox-alternative Skin Care

Seattle Skincare-- loaded with facelift masks and Botox alternative products
seattleskincare.com - Natural Skincare Home page

OroGold Skincare pricey "gold based" products
Oro Gold Cosmetics

cheap peptide product from drugstore: Olay Regenerist

Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 AM

37,113 posts, read 42,137,272 times
I use body lotion on my neck, Gold Bond or something from St Ives. Nothing annoys me more than expensive creams for specific areas of your body....what a racket.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM

I used to think that too until I started sampling. Now I always sample first then judge. Seems like a better way to come to a conclusion. Gold & St is no strivectin that is for sure. I also looked into the manufacturing of these creams. Its the same as discounted hair stuff. The low end brands cheap out on certain ings and can be more irritate the skin more than it's higher end counter part.
Also with eye creams they are made to be used near the eye. Some things are not good for that area due to particles, dyes or ings.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:30 PM

50,229 posts, read 63,734,520 times
I'm afraid that the only cure is picking better parents. I doubt if the march of time can be stopped by a cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty