Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:29 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,927,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Ok thanks,
As far a transexuals go or outright crossdressers...they don't apply to this question...
I'm mainly refereing to every day guys...who don't define themselves in any other minor way, accept maybe the nail polish on the feet thing every now and then...
I knew that someone was goings to think I was lumping men that paint their toenails as being transsexuals by my previous post. That wasn't the case--I was giving a completely different example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM

72 posts, read 141,986 times
A lot of young guys will often paint their fingernails black but I've never seen a guy with his toenails. Something about a man painting his toenails to me seems a little "suspect".

Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Default A hippie thang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany85 View Post
A lot of young guys will often paint their fingernails black but I've never seen a guy with his toenails. Something about a man painting his toenails to me seems a little "suspect".
Suspect of what?

Can a guy not use his body as a canvass the way a woman does?

I'm hesitant to say anything...cause it seems they always shut down my threads...

But painting your toe nails has nothing to do with being gay...it has more to do with being rebellious...or curious...or just enjoying your own body, or your own beauty...

Most males ignore their own beauty...are conditioned to only notice beauty in a female...

But in old greek as well as Egyption societies...it was just the opposite...
Everything is about social conditioning...

For a while in the 60's, males enjoyed a slight reprieve in that trend...
Watch woodstock...look at how the males adorned themselves with colorful veils and other artsy attire....

did you not look at my mallard duck or peacock photos?

Being colorful and looking beautiful is not a female exclusive thing...

And has nothing to do with sexual orientation...proof....there are plenty of 'gay' males that look very 'masculine'...

Infact...most do...infact...did you know most hardcore gay males do not like, and are turned of by 'sissies'...
hardcore gay males look masculine, act masculine...and go after masculine guys...

Hardcore gay males would never use nail polish....

To me, a guy using nail polish on his feet is more of a hippie thing, than it is a gay thing...
Attached Thumbnails
Are there guys out there who paint their toe nails?-100_2116.gif  

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM

There's a lot of people who do this, but they remain in the underground...I'm simply bringing it to the surface...cause I'm a rebell...I've got nerves...
How many guys do you know would be bold enough to do this?
Believe me...it takes strenth, courage, and fortitude...of knowing who you are and what your about...
Either that...or I'm just kooky...wierd...you know...One flew over the Cuckoos nest....Jack Nicholson...great movie...

Old 01-30-2010, 12:04 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
If ones identy and how they relate to self, is only and soley based on outward appearance...than that's like building a house on sand....got it, get it good...
Mine is based on outward appearance to the minimum amount required to function comfortably within the segments of society where I choose to spend most of my time - i.e., work in order to pay bills, etc. This is why I don't, for instance, walk the streets naked. Beyond this minmum level, I base my identity on non-physical things. This is precisely why I don't see the need to cross dress, paint my toenails, get tatoos, or any of that other stuff.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Mine is based on outward appearance to the minimum amount required to function comfortably within the segments of society where I choose to spend most of my time - i.e., work in order to pay bills, etc. This is why I don't, for instance, walk the streets naked. Beyond this minmum level, I base my identity on non-physical things. This is precisely why I don't see the need to cross dress, paint my toenails, get tatoos, or any of that other stuff.
hi,
No one ever asks you to remove your shoes, and says 'Let me look at your feet'....

Except maybe at airport security....so doing it, or if one does it, is obviously driven by reasons other than 'flash'....it's more like an excercise in 'Ok, if I do this, does it really change who I am'...

And no, it doesn't....it's simply art...

Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 AM

I remember there was a time I was so wound up about my 'manhood', that I found it uncomfortable to even wear sandals...I thought to myself
'Wow, if I wear sandals, people will think I'm a sissy'
So I walked around putting on all these false pretenses, you know, grunting, frowning, and other things, to convince myself that I was a 'man'....

But on the inside I felt scared and insecure...i wasn't growing...on the inside I felt delicate and frail....
Afraid of even my own body...until one day or moment, I decided I wanted to grow beyond my personal insecurities, and I did...and now I'm more fortified on the inside as ever...

So now I may not look tough on the outside (at least in the photos) but on the inside, I'm steel...

Old 01-30-2010, 09:56 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
So I walked around putting on all these false pretenses, you know, grunting, frowning, and other things, to convince myself that I was a 'man'....
Wow, is this how you think a real man behaves? LOL! Don't forget to spit on the ground too, and carry a club.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:15 AM

I mean don't get me wrong...I can still grunt, and frown and look rough and tough...

But I can also look and or act nice and kind (the way I really am) and come home and sit with my legs crossed and decorate myself up all while being myself...

I'm simply excersising what women do, but on the other end...
Women are allowed the full spectrum of masculinity and feminality...they can wear a dress, then put on pants...
The can wear nice color sandals, or thick work boots...

They can play the 'Oh im so vunerable and delicate' role, or they can play the tough independant tom boy role...

The can wear mans shirts, pants, shorts, hats, jewerly, all in the name of 'fashion'...

They, women, at least in America, enjoy the full spectrum of the masculine, feminan spectrum...
Where as males are restricted to a tiny, cramped, stuffy, portion of that scale.

And I'm simply utilizing more of that scale to express myself, to myself, the way women do.

Believe me...I don't go out looking all flamboyant and all...that's not my style...not unless it's martigrass or some speciality niche gathering or something...

But when at home, alone, or having fun with one or two people in the privacy of our own space...it can be fun and liberating to let the other side come out...

Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Dude, if you've got a foot fetish and painting your own toenails makes feel like a better person, then rock on with yourself. But, you have absolutely no ground to stand on by accusing everyone of living a lie or being slaves to conformity. Live how you want and mind your own business. It's a good rule of thumb for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty