Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,322,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
They would obviously have to be gay to do that.
One of the stranges comments I've ever read...

How does 'beautifying' ones self, make one 'gay'??

I don't get it....

Considering most, the vast majority of gay males, are of the 'masculine' stock...and would never paint their feet, I'm not understanding your logic...

Is a peacock gay? I mean peacocks are very colorful birds, and male...so are they gay also??

Infact many of the male species in nature (particularly among the birds) are decorated in extravigant colors...but yet their 100% male...

What's up with that? and why can't the same apply to homo sapiens?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
I think guys that paint their toenails are...

...FAAAABULOUS!
Wouldn't it be cool if they could come out with something like this??

It takes the whole nail polishing thing to a whole different level...

Well anyhow, if there's any designers out there who need an idea, here ya go...

Who says guys can't be creative in beauty, design and fashion...

Old 11-25-2011, 12:53 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,256,973 times
I think it is cool. Why some things should only be for women? There is no reason for that. My friend's son used to paint his toe nails .

Old 11-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Cool^^

I do it for the adrenaline rush...

And there's a rebellion factor in there too...
To truly rebel, you've got to do something most do not (I'm speaking harmless fashion statements here)....

If a throw on a leather jacket and black boots, and a white T-shirt as a guy, that's not really rebeling or challenging yourself...for your expected to do that anyways...

Not only that, but every morning that I wake up, I have to look at my feet, and I don't like looking at dull ugly bland feet, expecially my own...

So I treat myself to some color now and then....

If I had a girlfriend, I seriously doubt I would ever do it...

I'm single, have been for a while, but when a guys with a woman, something just kicks in, and you stop doing stuff like that, usually...cause now the woman becomes your object of affection and beauty, rather than yourself...

But as a single guy, alone in my own dwelling, when walking around barefoot, I like looking at 'pretty feet', even if their my own...vs looking at dull dry bland male feet...(your own)...

Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,256,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Cool^^

Why?

I would paint them for him. Many girls are into make up guys, guys just usually do not like it.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
Why?

I would paint them for him. Many girls are into make up guys, guys just usually do not like it.
That would be an area of personal growth or exploration I would definatly have to work on....

I'm not sure why........

I think the presence of women just triggers the 'macho gene' in most men...(no such thing as macho gene, just being silly)...

But ye, if I had a lady in my life, I'd be to enthrolled with her, than to worry about myself anymore...

But you know...I was in Arkansa once, and saw just that...a black guy, and his white girlfriend walked into a 'Loves' truck stop...and his feet were painted up...

But hardly no one noticed, cause who looks down...but I did...almost said something, like 'wow, I see I'm not the only one'...

but I didn't want to come as sounding 'smart', so I remainded quiet...

And I saw it again while in Savanah, GA...a slender light skinned younger black guy walked into a convient store with painted up feet...

Now that took guts...it takes a lot of guts to actually do it openly in public while wearing flip-flops...

Another interesting note about the two guys wearing nail polish on their feet...

I believe the one with his girlfriend was 'straight'....
But the one who walked into the convient store was 'gay'...

Each had a totally different swagger to them...

Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,942,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Cool^^

I do it for the adrenaline rush...

And there's a rebellion factor in there too...
To truly rebel, you've got to do something most do not (I'm speaking harmless fashion statements here)....

If a throw on a leather jacket and black boots, and a white T-shirt as a guy, that's not really rebeling or challenging yourself...for your expected to do that anyways...

Not only that, but every morning that I wake up, I have to look at my feet, and I don't like looking at dull ugly bland feet, expecially my own...

So I treat myself to some color now and then....

I'm single, have been for a while, but when a guys with a woman, something just kicks in, and you stop doing stuff like that, usually...cause now the woman becomes your object of affection and beauty, rather than yourself...

But as a single guy, alone in my own dwelling, when walking around barefoot, I like looking at 'pretty feet', even if their my own...vs looking at dull dry bland male feet...(your own)...
Whatever floats your boat. You're not harming anybody. I understand the adrenaline rush from rebelling/breaking rules. It comes out in different ways for different people. For me, it comes from driving really fast.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 PM

38 posts, read 61,391 times
i don't know if it is a fashion trend, but in my opinion, i really don't appreciate it....
different people has different ideas....who knows what is it in their mind??? In face, i am confused..

Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM

499 posts, read 891,610 times
i think they're not gay but they have foot fetish i once saw a profile picture in face..k which is a feet of a man with red nail polish. it was disgusting he had so many friends with similar profile pictures. and he was subscriber of many foot fetish groups.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,098 times
I was amused by the painted toenails (mostly green and blue) of river guides when I went whitewater rafting last summer. They explained it protects their toes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty