Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:03 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,853 times

Advertisements

reminds me of an old foreman i had. the maintenance guys painted his electric cart hot pink one night. He had to drive it all over the place for a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Oh please don't create that hysteria, we males have already been shooved back into a small corner of allowable fashion wear as it is...
I'll pass out those gay rainbow magnets/stickers and tell everyone theyre "Gayness Detectors". "If you have any clothes of these colors youre gay!". All these manly men will soon have rainbow stickers in the windows of their macho f-150s driving around town.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:49 PM

i tell you whats gay. having to write more than one sentence or your post gets deleted.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Why do you take things like fashion so seriously? As if it defines a person so much. Even if the majority thinks it's gay, so the f**k what. Don't be pressured. People are, by nature, like sheep. Sometimes I wish I was a tiger or a bear. Solitary, I wouldn't have to deal with the bs we call society and the hell of other people.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 PM

thats true. Unfortunately we live in a world where people will attack you, key your car, vandalize your home, or post videos of you on youtube for the world to see just because youre different.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
thats true. Unfortunately we live in a world where people will attack you, key your car, vandalize your home, or post videos of you on youtube for the world to see just because youre different.
I never got that. I mean, if you're not harming anyone why are people such bullies? Why can't people just let and let live? I truly believe most adults haven't really grown up, at least partially...I don't think human nature is as decent as idealists would have you believe. I've seen an ugly side to most 'respectable' and 'decent' people to know that the idea that most people are inherently good is half-true at best. I don't believe we're all horrible and evil, but flawed, with the capacity for great violence, prejudice and hate. There's goodness in such but that gets subsumed by our destructive predelictions.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Jesus Christ! How did I miss this: "the end of civilization".

Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Jesus Christ! How did I miss this: "the end of civilization".
end of wha...huh?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
It really just doesn't matter to me...

In the over all scheme of things, it means so little...
You sure post a lot about something that matters so little to you.

Quote:
Not only that, but I look at nature...the peacock bird...100% male

(according to human logic, these birds are 'gay'...simply cause
they're adorned in color)

I mean how come in the natural world, it's the male species that's often the ones adorned in vibrant color?

And if one believes in God the creator, than they would have to concede God create all animals also, and their DNA...

So obviously God created peacock male birds to be very colorful...

Infact in nature, most male birds are the ones who are adorned in color...like the mallard duck...

So if God sees nothing wrong with male birds having color and vibrance...how come it's wrong for human males too?

I wish someone would answer that...instead of just responding with hit and run comments...
It's true that male birds are often more colorful than females, but that's not particularly true for mammals, which humans are. Sexual dimorphism in mammals usually means that the male is bigger and possibly has some other display with his hair, fur, or horns. Manes on lions, antlers and horns on many kinds of hooved animals, wide jowls on a tomcat, a silverback on an alpha gorilla. Sexual dimorphism in male humans is recognizable in facial and body hair, as well as a generally larger body structure than a woman's. Painting yourself as brightly as a bird is irrelevant.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You sure post a lot about something that matters so little to you.

I just like to educate and teach...

It's true that male birds are often more colorful than females, but that's not particularly true for mammals, which humans are. Sexual dimorphism in mammals usually means that the male is bigger and possibly has some other display with his hair, fur, or horns. Manes on lions, antlers and horns on many kinds of hooved animals, wide jowls on a tomcat, a silverback on an alpha gorilla. Sexual dimorphism in male humans is recognizable in facial and body hair, as well as a generally larger body structure than a woman's. Painting yourself as brightly as a bird is irrelevant.
First, thanks for your gentle response...

Second, the last sentence of your post kind of gave me a chuckle...

I just imagined, in my head, some confused guy holding up a large picture of a peacock bird, and trying to paint himself up in all these fabulious colors, hoping to attract a mate...including bright glossy blue nail polish for their feet...

And then I imagined them leaving the home, all brightly colored and heading into a country and western themed bar...all the while thinking he has done nothing wrong....confident that if the male peacock bird is celebrated for it's dazzling colors, that he will be too...

And the rest I'll leave to peoples own imagination....you can give the story any kind of ending ya want....

But all that aside...note well taken on the difference between birds and mammals...

But let me leave you or any reader with another thought to ponder...

Many people are single in todays society, without the chance of ever meeting a mate...and say their objective in life is no longer to meet or attract a mate....

Basically social enocks...(or however it's spelled)...

Since they have removed themselves from the social pro-creative chain, either by choice or bad luck, then how should they then percieve themselves?

I mean what if a guy realizes he'll never attract a woman?
Should he still walk around with a large hairy mane, and grow horns (act ultra macho)?

What does his role then become...to others, as well as himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty