U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM

3,856 posts, read 8,017,532 times

Advertisements

No sweatpants in public at all!? IMO sweatpants are perfectly acceptable to wear in the public if you are heading to or from the gym.

But I do agree, sweatpants and a wool coat don't go together.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM

750 posts, read 1,349,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
No sweatpants in public at all!? IMO sweatpants are perfectly acceptable to wear in the public if you are heading to or from the gym.

But I do agree, sweatpants and a wool coat don't go together.
I see sweatpants out in public all the time. Believe me, they are NOT headed to or from the gym! I saw a guy wearing them at a Catholic funeral last week, and he never took his baseball cap off, either. A pillar of taste and respect.

As for women, most of the ones I see wearing sweatpants are shopping or at various meetings. Most of them have no idea what they're showing the world when viewed from the rear (I doubt they care). Dimpled rear ends? Check. Cottage cheesy thighs? Double check. And the elastic around the cankles has such a nice, comfy, slouchy look. Especially with those GIGANTIC gym shoes.

Maybe instead of a wool coat, a tight, quilted parka that ends just above the waist would complete the "I have no clue" look.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:46 AM

3,111 posts, read 7,604,715 times
Why don't you trade the wool coat in for a Snuggie...that seems more your style.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:31 AM

13,574 posts, read 20,261,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Do wool coats go well with sweatpants while you're out in public?

If you are going to the store to buy a gallon of milk why would you or anybody else care? Life is too short to worry about what you can wear and not wear. Not to mention very childish. I like fashion but I am not acting stupid about it. Somebody mentioned that you shoudn't wear sweats in public. Please! Grow up already. If I go out for a morning walk I wear sweats, not my skinny jeans. When I go to the store at 10 pm to buy some childrens Tylenol I might wear sweats, so what? That doesn't mean that I wear sweats to work or when I go out to eat, or go to the mall shopping?
Now, my question is, why would a fat person wear skinny jeans? That's even beyond me?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:46 AM

37,769 posts, read 67,395,765 times
I dunno. Do wool pants go with sweatshirts?

If you're going to wear sweatpants to run to the store or whatever, do you risk freezing to death because you don't think your warmest coat "goes"?

What a silly thing to worry about.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:37 AM

8,413 posts, read 37,587,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If you are going to the store to buy a gallon of milk why would you or anybody else care? Life is too short to worry about what you can wear and not wear. Not to mention very childish. I like fashion but I am not acting stupid about it. Somebody mentioned that you shoudn't wear sweats in public. Please! Grow up already. If I go out for a morning walk I wear sweats, not my skinny jeans. When I go to the store at 10 pm to buy some childrens Tylenol I might wear sweats, so what? That doesn't mean that I wear sweats to work or when I go out to eat, or go to the mall shopping?
Now, my question is, why would a fat person wear skinny jeans? That's even beyond me?
Its childish to groom and dress in clothing for daywear?

I don't see what the big deal is about throwing on a real pair of pants. How lazy can one be that they just can't handle the effort of pulling up a zipper?
Thats what it says to me. LAZY!

You think sweatpants are anymore flattering than 10 pounds of sugar in a 5pound bag?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,225,018 times
If you ever find me in sweat pants I will be dead, and someone with a sick mind would have had to put them on after I was dead.

The wool coat is fine. I see sweat pants, and I think trailer trash from the start. IMO sweat pants if you must have them should be worn no farther than your bed room door. Sweat pants are the bane of husbands from around the world, so do us a favor and wear these when your with your female friends if they can stand it. Yuck

Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM

13,291 posts, read 13,905,199 times
Who cares

If the pants keep you from getting a ticket for public indecency and the coat keeps you warm then you're good.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,062,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Hmmm.

Then, I'll go ahead and wear sweatpants to church, interview and work.

The majority of women around here (Maastricht, Netherlands) go out for morning walks. Most of the time with their dogs. They do this in their boots (sometimes heeled boots) and dressed up nicely, either in skirts or jeans. They will usually wear that outfit until they go to bed.

I don't know. I used to live in the States and I always thought sweatpants was pretty trashy and unflattering. But.. even moreso now. I guess American women are just lazy.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM

1,743 posts, read 4,322,111 times
Only if you want to appear on "peopleofwalmart.com"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty