U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,154,011 times

Advertisements

This question is mainly directed at the guys, but ladies you're welcome to share your thoughts on the matter as well.

Definitions:
Revealing includes anything that is tight or shows a lot of skin. Pretty much anything that is designed to attract your attention to what the clothes are covering (or not covering!)

Modest can be flattering to the woman's figure (I'm NOT talking about a shapeless cover-all like in Afghanistan) but gives you the distinct impression that she's not trying to show herself off.

What do you find more attractive?

I won't lie and say I don't notice girls with great bodies wearing sexy clothes. However, I never pursue anything with girls that dress that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 11:57 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,548,416 times
It depends. What I find sexy is a woman with a good fashion sense. This includes what to wear, and where it is appropriate. Rocking a halter top and tight pants to church, NO. Rocking that same outfit to a Tequila Bar, very doable.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM

3,970 posts, read 7,716,780 times
What you don't see is much sexier than what you do.

A friend of mine who's in his 60's once told me how he knew he was getting old.

He used to look at all the pretty girls in the town, who were all dressed in their short skirts, and their crop tops, and think dirty thoughts.
Now ? He looks at them and thinks "God, they must be freezing !"

Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,023,473 times
I have to admit that my eyes are drawn to a shapely woman wearing something revealing and I don't have the power to stop them. I think it's just a matter of how far that sexy look is pushed. I don't find it attractive when older women who are even in their 60's or older try to dress as though they're twenty years old. Also, revealing clothes need to be worn with a certain amount of class and not cross into the territory where a woman looks like a hooker.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 PM

796 posts, read 1,645,026 times
I'm female and I totally believe that women look their best when clothes fit correctly (not necessarily skin tight) and flatters their particular body type, no matter what size they are...I personally prefer clothes that leave something to the imagination...

Old 03-03-2010, 12:08 PM

19,020 posts, read 26,047,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
This question is mainly directed at the guys, but ladies you're welcome to share your thoughts on the matter as well.

Definitions:
Revealing includes anything that is tight or shows a lot of skin. Pretty much anything that is designed to attract your attention to what the clothes are covering (or not covering!)

Modest can be flattering to the woman's figure (I'm NOT talking about a shapeless cover-all like in Afghanistan) but gives you the distinct impression that she's not trying to show herself off.

What do you find more attractive?

I won't lie and say I don't notice girls with great bodies wearing sexy clothes. However, I never pursue anything with girls that dress that way.
I chase the modest ones only.

The revealing ones are generally desperate to market themselves and I bet they cater to a specific demographic LMAO

Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM

25,082 posts, read 14,505,340 times
U need the best of both worlds. U can be modest and revealing at the same time. For example jeans with a casual contemporary top is pretty modest, but a closer examination reveals a good rack with intriguing cleavage. I think u have to go with what is right for u at the time.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM

19,020 posts, read 26,047,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
U need the best of both worlds. U can be modest and revealing at the same time. For example jeans with a casual contemporary top is pretty modest, but a closer examination reveals a good rack with intriguing cleavage. I think u have to go with what is right for u at the time.
I think I'm a little confused. Can you DM me your pictures for a better understanding?? j/k

Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM

27,290 posts, read 34,199,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I think I'm a little confused. Can you DM me your pictures for a better understanding?? j/k
You very bad bad boy!

Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,638,851 times
The most important thing is to look tasteful. The clothing can be revealing, but stylish and tasteful at the same time. I'm a fashion victim, I admit it and there is a way to combine modest and revealing and don't look desperate or slutty. If you wear a really short skirt, make sure the top doesn't show too much cleavage. If you are showing cleavage, don't show too much legs. You got the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty