Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
"I don't care if I'm doing naked backflips off your car, it doesn't mean I want to sleep with you."
I actually think that's a great, though very demonstrative, argument.

There is no, no, no excuse for rape, even if the girl leads you on, gets undressed and wiggles her behind at you before she says no. There is absolutely no reasoning that can make rape anything less than what it is.

If a man can't have the self control to keep it in his pants, he should, for his own sake, consider chopping little boy off if you ask me.

That said, I do believe the best way to deal with rapists, as well as others, is the judicial system, because if it was up to me, I'd make them suffer every second of their miserable life, and I would make it last.

A girl, just as a man, should be able to dress as they see fit, without risking to be violated.

Yes, clothing and behavior is a factor sometimes but that's in no way a problem for the women to deal with, that's all on us. We have to change, not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If they don't value themselves as anything but a sexual object, if they only want to be seen that way, it seems as if they don't have much respect for themselves.

Streetwalkers advertise their wares--and studies have proven that they do not have much respect for themselves.
Who says they only value themselves as sex objects? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you only value them as sex objects? Seeing as that's your words, not theirs?

Then again, I could be wrong, maybe it is the trait of a true gentleman to assume a woman sells sex, based on her clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
3-Having tattoos placed on private areas of the body( Breasts, behind,in the Y area).
You contradict yourself. If women dress more modestly, you won't see these tattoos. (How do you see a tat on someone's butt anyway? Is she wearing a thong at the grocery store?)

If you're telling me that I shouldn't have tattoos somewhere on my body, well, that's none of your business. You'll never see them, so why do you care?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm sorry but I didn't pay several thousand dollars for my girls to be covered up!!!
That's so funny you mentioned that. I was going to say, "When you get something new, like implants, you like to show them off." If I were a "john," I wouldn't be able to separate the hookers from some of the general female population. There is nothing sexy, about going out of your way to look trashy.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
I agree with you, Ron. I'm not advocating that we as a society go back to mores where a married couple had to be portrayed with twin beds, etc, but I think the "show it all" fashion situation mirrors how our society has in many cases gotten more vulgar and crass, but that's a topic for another day. Just sayin'....

Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I actually think that's a great, though very demonstrative, argument.

There is no, no, no excuse for rape, even if the girl leads you on, gets undressed and wiggles her behind at you before she says no. There is absolutely no reasoning that can make rape anything less than what it is.

If a man can't have the self control to keep it in his pants, he should, for his own sake, consider chopping little boy off if you ask me.

That said, I do believe the best way to deal with rapists, as well as others, is the judicial system, because if it was up to me, I'd make them suffer every second of their miserable life, and I would make it last.

A girl, just as a man, should be able to dress as they see fit, without risking to be violated.

Yes, clothing and behavior is a factor sometimes but that's in no way a problem for the women to deal with, that's all on us. We have to change, not them.

I'm in absolute agreement with you. And I think a man should be free to leer, whistle and hoot without risk of legal action or reprimand if a woman chooses to hang her **** out for everyone to see, to show off her camel toe, to even walk NAKED down the street. I think she has the right to do so, and I think every man is free to look, whistle, leer and make suggestive remarks and/or gestures.

And also, I think you're a radically biased doot-brain.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I'm in absolute agreement with you. And I think a man should be free to leer, whistle and hoot without risk of legal action or reprimand if a woman chooses to hang her **** out for everyone to see, to show off her camel toe, to even walk NAKED down the street. I think she has the right to do so, and I think every man is free to look, whistle, leer and make suggestive remarks and/or gestures.

And also, I think you're a radically biased doot-brain.
...I don't know what a doot brain is.

I agree that you have to expect reactions when you dress in a certain manner. That said, I extend the same civility to someone who dress "trashy" as I do someone who dress in business suits. I don't whistle or make suggestive remarks or gestures to a woman in a business suit, and I won't do it to a women in a see through tank-top and a miniskirt either.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

Who says they only value themselves as sex objects? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you only value them as sex objects? Seeing as that's your words, not theirs?

Then again, I could be wrong, maybe it is the trait of a true gentleman to assume a woman sells sex, based on her clothing.
No, it would not be accurate, because I would not sleep with them. You cannot deny the fact that prostitution exists, that some women actually believe that their only value is in sleeping with men. In fact, if they didn't believe that was their value, they wouldn't put a price on it, would they?

Your gentlemen wouldn't have anything to do with those women though.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
That's so funny you mentioned that. I was going to say, "When you get something new, like implants, you like to show them off." If I were a "john," I wouldn't be able to separate the hookers from some of the general female population. There is nothing sexy, about going out of your way to look trashy.
You could perhaps say--"there's a time and a place for everything."? Modest in public, and less modest in private with the person you love?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, it would not be accurate, because I would not sleep with them. You cannot deny the fact that prostitution exists, that some women actually believe that their only value is in sleeping with men. In fact, if they didn't believe that was their value, they wouldn't put a price on it, would they?

Your gentlemen wouldn't have anything to do with those women though.
I've never claimed there's no prostitution have I?

What motivations prostitutes have vary, for streetwalkers, it's often drugs, or the fact that they're the victims of trafficing, for others, they simply see themselves as someone who provide a service. I actually read an in debt interview with a prostitute the other day, and she didn't seem to have any lower self esteem or respect than any other girl.

That said, I was commenting on girls who dress in ways you obviously find inappropriate.

As for gentlemen? I'd say a gentleman treats a woman with respect regardless of her occupation and social standard.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 AM

Then why don't they place a value on OTHER skills or attributes?

Like I said, there are some people a gentleman will not stoop to involve themselves with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty