Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 PM

20 posts, read 77,743 times

Advertisements

OK OK OK now i know that this section may not be the right one for this question, but it is a case of fashion so i decided it go here. Lets say you meet a guy and he reveals to you that he prefers that you keep your legs and feet covered and not bare. is that a dealbreaker for you? now what i mean is that lets so you have an opinion on hosiery that you dont like wearing any types (tights, thigh highs, knee highs, garters) and this guys tells you that he would rather you wear them...would you do it for him or kick him to the curb?

Note: your opinion on pantyhose would also go good with your answer
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 03:35 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,245 times

Old 03-13-2010, 04:37 PM

27 posts, read 128,817 times
Well, he and I would have to come to some kind of compromise...like having him in the kitchen more washing dishes or something that you only prefer as well. They are not always the most comfortable to wear, so maybe he should try wearing them first for some time.

But, speaking with him about how you feel about this before completely giving him the boot.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:19 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirEdward View Post
Would you date a guy that told you he only preferred you in pantyhose (or stockings)?
No.

He's either clinging to outdated traditions, demoralizing anti-feminist standards, or creepy fetishs - which, in today's society, if he's pushing these so-called "preferences" on you, screams manipulative.

All of those are at the top of the "do not disturb" characteristics.

Sometimes I like wearing pantyhose or stockings. More often than not, if it's hot, and I slip into a sundress, I'll opt for bare legs (as long as I've shaved away the winter-coat recently ) and some flip flops. If you're going to put it out there as a dealbreaker - then go put on a pair yourself, an apron, some heels, and let me know when dinner is ready.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:07 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,725 times
Quote:
If you're going to put it out there as a dealbreaker - then go put on a pair yourself, an apron, some heels, and let me know when dinner is ready.
Well said!!

The OP has been a member here for around six months, has made 20 posts, and ALL OF THEM are about panty-hose!

I wonder how many second dates he gets?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
I don't understand. Is this something he simply prefers ("this guy tells you he would rather you wear them"), or is this something I have to do ("he only preferred you in stockings")?

If I like him and this is something he really likes, then okay, I'll wear them from time to time. But if he thinks my legs and feet are gross, or if I have to wear stockings in order to turn him on ... no, I am not that woman. He should go find himself a Dita von Teese.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
I'd probably suspect that the fetish itself was the turn-on, and that the attraction was to that and not to me, specifically, which would make me uninterested in pursuing anything with the guy.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:50 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirEdward View Post
OK OK OK now i know that this section may not be the right one for this question, but it is a case of fashion so i decided it go here. Lets say you meet a guy and he reveals to you that he prefers that you keep your legs and feet covered and not bare. is that a dealbreaker for you? now what i mean is that lets so you have an opinion on hosiery that you dont like wearing any types (tights, thigh highs, knee highs, garters) and this guys tells you that he would rather you wear them...would you do it for him or kick him to the curb?

Note: your opinion on pantyhose would also go good with your answer

There's a difference between "prefering" a look and demanding that you wear them. There are certain things that my husband would like me to wear once in awhile and I never do; however, he doesn't obsess with it, and life goes on. Come to think of it, my husband doesn't like the "bare-legged" look in dresses, either. But I literally never, ever ~ and I mean ever ~ wear dresses in the winter, anyway. (And my summer dresses tend to be long.)

If a relationship relies on what you wear then, yes, it's a deal-breaker.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,854 times
I bet he wears your underwear when you're gone.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
I would run in the other direction as fast & as far as my bare legs would carry me. *snorts* Control freak.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty