Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But why do you say this? And to be blunt, does she look better naked, with the scars she has now rather then before?

Word.
She was way out of proportion before, she's only about 5'4 and weighed 130 or so. Her scarring is really minimal, you can't even tell she got it done, except for a little bubble underneath one where her drainage tube was. She's very lucky in that respect. I would look like Frankenstein if I got it done. Of course, I've already got a bunch of scars from surgery on my stomach so really, what's a few more?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i can assure you TJ, you are unique in your negative attitude towards anyone not like you.
Oh no, not at all. I don't agree with what Treasured Jewel says, but she has a point. What she says is no worse than what others have said in the past about overweight people. It just seems more shocking to you because you disagree with her.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh no, not at all. I don't agree with what Treasured Jewel says, but she has a point. What she says is no worse than what others have said in the past about overweight people. It just seems more shocking to you because you disagree with her.
i have thought about that perspective and the fact that i may not be seeing it because im not in that position. i know fat people get plenty of criticism. but i think TJ brings more on herself because of her attacks on others and her making a thread asking for advice and then telling everyone why their advice isnt good for her. it was pretty funny. most of those people made a lot of posts giving well intentioned advice, but most of them realized they were falling on deaf ears. i loved the thread about athletic women and TJ's opinions expressed there. she made it very clear she isnt the jolly fat person like santa clause, she was more of an angry and vindictive fat person like that guy from stand by me who vomited on everyone in the pie eating contest.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
I don't agree with her attacking back because people attack, because as I stated earlier in this thread two wrongs don't make a right. "You hurt my feelings so I have the right to hurt yours" is a logical fallacy. Not ALL thin/fit/small-boobed women attacked fat and/or big-boobed women, so attacking back their entire group is equally unhelpful.

However, it IS true that this forum contains many extremely rude, nasty, denigrating comments about overweight people spanning the gamut from insulting their looks to their moral characters (i saw that gross fat woman at wal-mart and she bought a bag of chips so obviously she's depressed/stupid/lazy). Even a thread about big boobs brings out a bunch of "you must be fat" and "you must be slutty" type posters, as well as the inevitable mirthless comments such as "Haha I'm so glad I don't have those big globs of fat hanging down to my knees. I'm sooooo superior."

Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i have thought about that perspective and the fact that i may not be seeing it because im not in that position. i know fat people get plenty of criticism. but i think TJ brings more on herself because of her attacks on others and her making a thread asking for advice and then telling everyone why their advice isnt good for her. it was pretty funny. most of those people made a lot of posts giving well intentioned advice, but most of them realized they were falling on deaf ears. i loved the thread about athletic women and TJ's opinions expressed there. she made it very clear she isnt the jolly fat person like santa clause, she was more of an angry and vindictive fat person like that guy from stand by me who vomited on everyone in the pie eating contest.
Could be. I know you both are regulars on the Exercise forum, and I haven't been there in a while. Like I said, I'm not agreeing with what she says so much as defending her right to give as well as she gets. She pointed out that if someone can say big breasts are big globs of fat or whatever, and nobody objects and says, "Hey, that's not nice," then it's also okay to call little breasts mosquito bites. I don't know about other forums, but on this forum, she has a point.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:51 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
A lot of women want bigger breasts because small breasts are not as feminine. Guy like big boobs period and that is just the way things are. Women are getting all types of things done to be seen as attractive to men.

I have big boobs and they get a lot of attention, I love attention. Girls with smaller boobs who write rude comments to other woman with larger boobs are just jealous. The only thing wrong with having big boobs and when I say big I mean above a DD cup size, you are stuck with plain looking bras that are a bit pricey. You cant just walk into Walmart and pick up some bras you have to go online which kind of sucks...
this was TJ's first post in the thread. i know she qualified that statement by saying "who write rude comments to other women with large boobs" but im not sure that any small breasted women had made any such comments. i think she was looking to offend here. she likes to create enemies in her own imagination. people who say rude things about her because of her weight or big breasts. its a self fulfilling prophecy. she created them in her head, then she insulted the group in the thread, then she gets attacked. then she pretends she is only giving because she is receiving.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM

What's amusing is that this thread has been resurrected at least twice by newbies bragging about their enormous breasts, then disappearing. It's up there with handles like BoredHousewife and 32FFFCutieXXX.

There are several posts in this thread about how disgusting big breasts are, by the way. Prior to any comment by Treasured Jewel.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,625 times
Quote:
Those are not my words. Those are sentiments expressed throughout this thread and others. Your words were that breasts are "blobs of fat."

As for what Treasured Jewel thinks, whatever.
Blobs! i was just trying to put things into perspective, TJ see's breasts as just a sex tool.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:53 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
What's amusing is that this thread has been resurrected at least twice by newbies bragging about their enormous breasts, then disappearing. It's up there with handles like BoredHousewife and 32FFFCutieXXX.

There are several posts in this thread about how disgusting big breasts are, by the way. Prior to any comment by Treasured Jewel.
I think anyone who has a physical trait that is an extreme deviation from the perceived norm has to either hate it or love it to the point of putting down others, just to protect themselves. I know I sometimes fall into that trap when it comes to height.

But I think Treasured Jewel is different. Maybe she's just young and inexperienced, but I haven't seen anyone else be quite so persistently rude and hypocritical. You just have to glance through the curvy thread to see that she enters into discussions fighting, unprovoked except everything she says she calls "just her honest opinion" while anyone who disagrees is jealous, hateful, and ganging up on her.

Last edited by UnexpectedError; 11-11-2011 at 04:20 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She was way out of proportion before, she's only about 5'4 and weighed 130 or so.
Says who?

I'm not trying to be flippant, but this is the very core of what I'm getting at. Where is this gold standard of balance and porportion that women must measure up to before they are deemed out of whack and need to go "fix" themselves with surgery? Who decides this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty