Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Just as an added bonus, I'll say that anyone who believes that tattoos on a woman is trashy is looking at tattoos through the lens of a past generation. Because they are the widely accepted fashion, tattoos are no longer confined to an undesirable demographic. Of course that does not mean that someone could say that tattoos look trashy. Opinions are, after all, opinions and not facts.
Something so widespread and common is trashy. Thinking for yourself, on the other hand, and not following the herd....

Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would say it's a universal truth that tattoos distract from beauty for women. That's why many modeling agencies to this day request "no tattoos" when looking for models..many clients demand it.

I'm sure many men today are attracted to tattooed women. Of course we all have our preferences and there is nothing wrong with that. But I would argue that it's not natural for them to be attracted to inked up women...they have been brainwashed by the media and culture. Of course they will be defensive and deny it. But so many of our thoughts that we think are our own are hypnotic messages we have been programmed to believe, It takes a truly independent mind to resist.

I read something kind of funny. A guy with full sleeves placed a dating ad. Of course tons of tattooed women answered his ad. Were they ever shocked when he rejected them because he thought tattoos look bad on women.
I don't think that tattoos necessarily detract from the beauty of women for the same reason that I don't think eyeshadow or lipstick detracts. (Though it is true that I personally don't find tattoos particularly attractive.) It is all in the eye of the beholder. I think modeling agencies might prefer tattoo-free women because a potential customer might see a tattoo and be distracted from the merchandise. And modeling agencies know that there are too many people (both men and women), who have negative opinions of tattoos. But I think the more popular tattooing gets, the less "unattractive" it will seem to more people.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:23 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
I don't spend hours each day dwelling on it plus I think about many other topics.
Yes, but you posted that you've spent half your life, on a daily basis, thinking about how much you dislike tattoos. And you even wrote an essay about your hatred of them. Is there a reason why you dislike tattoos so much?

Never mind-I just read your "essay". Kind of creepy.

Last edited by vaughanwilliams; 04-09-2010 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
I find I am attracted to woman with tattoos. For whatever reason I'm not as attracted to men with tattoos and I have no idea why.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
I have wanted tattoos to go out of style since I first noticed them becoming popular in 1990. I have spent almost half my life on a daily basis thinking about how much I don't like tattoos. But obviously they are here to stay. Even if they ever became unfashionable...it's too late, tons of people have them already and will have them for life.

I once wrote an essay about how much I don't like tattoos. If you do a search on "I miss the pre-tattoo era" by cleancut...that's me.

You spend way way to much time worrying about tattoos...holy moly

Old 04-09-2010, 05:31 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Something so widespread and common is trashy. Thinking for yourself, on the other hand, and not following the herd....
So I'm guessing that you run through life naked right? You don't shave, shower, or cut your hair....

I mean, why would you? Wearing clothing and keeping oneself well groomed is so widespread and common that it must be trashy.

Think for yourself....don't follow the herd!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Japanese warriors had tattoos as well as Russian criminals and it's fairly common in chinese history too.

Otzi the prehistoric iceman goes online allowing users to virtually tour his body | Mail Online

Quote:
A Stone Age warrior frozen in an icy tomb for 5,300 years can now be viewed in astonishing detail thanks to a new website.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So I'm guessing that you run through life naked right? You don't shave, shower, or cut your hair....

I mean, why would you? Wearing clothing and keeping oneself well groomed is so widespread and common that it must be trashy.

Think for yourself....don't follow the herd!

So...if you get a tattoo, you're a conformist....if you don't get a tattoo you're a conformist.

If you wear clothes you're part of the conformist herd, if you don't wear clothes you're trying to conform to nudists....

If you wear makeup, you're trying to make yourself more attractive and conformist, if you don't wear makeup you're conforming yourself to the more 'hippie' lifestyle..

So, basically, you're always conforming to something, so why worry about it? You're always following some kind of trend somewhere, you're always following what a group of people are doing. No matter what you do, you're not an individual... so don't worry anymore

Old 04-10-2010, 01:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I don't think that tattoos necessarily detract from the beauty of women for the same reason that I don't think eyeshadow or lipstick detracts. (Though it is true that I personally don't find tattoos particularly attractive.) It is all in the eye of the beholder. I think modeling agencies might prefer tattoo-free women because a potential customer might see a tattoo and be distracted from the merchandise. And modeling agencies know that there are too many people (both men and women), who have negative opinions of tattoos. But I think the more popular tattooing gets, the less "unattractive" it will seem to more people.
I'm not sure how true this is for models. Lots of models have tattoos and it's relatively easy to cover them depending on client wishes.
Erin Wasson has several tattoos, Gisele Bundchen, Carolyn Murphy (huge tattoo), Freja Beha, Isabeli Fontana, Alessandra Ambrosio and Nicole Trunfio just to name a few big name models. Nicole Trunfio's is adorable.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dG2__iWuqs...nfiotattoo.jpg

Old 04-10-2010, 02:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
They were cool when they weren't popular. Now they're popular in a 50 cent lame mainstream sheeple sort of way.

They're not as annoying as piercings though, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty