Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,631,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I'm the only woman in my department so the only boobs I see are my own.
That wasn't exactly what I meant.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:37 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I did a search and was able to find a link. It's the third item listed. I'm not sure if 5 points is considered significant or not. Here's why I think there is a difference. While there are tattooed doctors etc the professional class is probably the only one left where the majority is not tattooed. In lower socioeconomic groups it is rare to find anyone who is not tattooed, especially younger people. At the extreme end of the spectrum, almost all prisoners (a low IQ group) are covered in tattoos. So yes all kinds of people have tattoos but not in equal percentages.

Purdue Iq Test PDF | Download Free Ebook Purdue Iq Test
I'm in agreement with you on that. Tattoos started in the criminal classes, and in most cases, criminals continue to get tattoos. 5 points, as far as I'm aware, are not a large difference, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not a style
its not body art
its not a personal statement
mark of the beast and 40% of young people gotem.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It's body graffiti, pure and simple. Looks about as appealing as graffiti on a building. Worst thing is that it is just about impossible to remove when the person grows up and regrets the tattoo or when the body changes and distorts the image.
"Body graffiti"!! Excellent way of putting it and every point you make is spot on.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:56 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,232,217 times
Wow, who knew tattoos made so many people upset? You would think with the amount of people that have them, they really wouldn't be that big of a deal anymore. Oh well, carry on worrying about how someone else's tat is gonna look when they get old.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Wow, who knew tattoos made so many people upset? You would think with the amount of people that have them, they really wouldn't be that big of a deal anymore. Oh well, carry on worrying about how someone else's tat is gonna look when they get old.

It's funny, isn't it? The LAST thing I'm going to be worried about when I'm 80 is how my tattoos look... if I even make it to that age.

I've had sooo many people compliment my tattoos and tell me they WISH they could get some. Unfortunately, society is still full of the 'moral police' who wish to tell everyone how to live their lives and try to force them to conform to society norms.

Just because a person doesn't have a tattoo doesn't mean they don't want one. Usually, they can't get one because of their career. I think we would see WAY more 'intelligent professionals' with tattoo work if it was more acceptable. My doctor has quite a few tattoos, so does his assistant There are a ton of stories out there about people who had to wait until they retired to get tattoos done.

I like tattoos. I don't consider it vandalism, or graffiti or mutilation or anything of the sort. If you're going to automatically judge me as a bad person, a criminal or something along those lines because of my tattoos than so be it.

I still get funny looks stepping out of private jets with my tattoos

Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,817,735 times
My dad was assigned a doctor with a large visible tattoo. He switched doctors the next day.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,197,368 times
Quote:
My dad was assigned a doctor with a large visible tattoo. He switched doctors the next day.
Seriously? Isn't that like refusing to work with someone who wears black shoes?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,910,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I don't get upset by them. I just find them unattractive. A girl with tattoos would be a turn off for me.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,668,921 times
Quote:
I did a search and was able to find a link. It's the third item listed. I'm not sure if 5 points is considered significant or not. Here's why I think there is a difference. While there are tattooed doctors etc the professional class is probably the only one left where the majority is not tattooed. In lower socioeconomic groups it is rare to find anyone who is not tattooed, especially younger people. At the extreme end of the spectrum, almost all prisoners (a low IQ group) are covered in tattoos. So yes all kinds of people have tattoos but not in equal percentages.
One could make the point ,from this post, that there is empirical evidence that the both the lower socio-economic strata and those of lower intelligence are the prime candidates for this type of body vandalizm.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,139,713 times
Quote:

I would do the same!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.