Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Jersey or where ever, we can't pick where we are born but we can make decisions that don't deface our bodies and tarnish our image as role models.......the last thing I want on the woman I marry or the mother of my children is some unsightly tattoo applied in a moment of drunken stupidity that screams I have no class.
Lol, it's so clear you don't know anything about the body modification industry.

Any worthwhile tattoo shop would never tattoo someone who's inebriated. If someone gets a tattoo while drunk, it's out of someone's home, and both are idiots.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
A tattoo is like a big flashing sign that says HEY ....look at me.....I need attention and it doesn't matter if the wearer is beautiful, educated or not....its an outward sign of insecurity that says I need to be the focus of attention.
For some, yes, it is.

For others, they simply LIKE tattoos. That's it. That's all.

Why is that so hard to understand for some people? I started getting my tattoos because I like them, and as a bonus they hide some scarring from my multiple IV scars on my arms.

Of course, if I didn't have the tattoos people like you would be judging me as a junkie, right?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Easy there mate. Your post borders on a personal attack so watch it!

It also would help if you improved your reading comprehension level so that you could see that it's not my attitude I'm expressing.....it's the general public that is considered normal that I speak of.
I think a lot of that depends on where you live. I'm sure I'd be labeled as an outcast in the midwest or southern United States, but where I live it's very 'live and let live' and I get along just fine with the public in general.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Unless you have a working crystal ball, you have no idea if you will regret permanent tattoos. As you age, your priorities change, right along with your taste and attitude. The people who are being narrow-minded here, are ones who think they will never regret permanent body modification, this includes but is not limited to, tattoos, piercings, and scarification. There was a time, not long ago, when people paid money to see circus freaks. Society no longer exploits people people who are different. As you grow older, you'll realize there are more important things in life, than going out of your way, to try to look unique.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Unless you have a working crystal ball, you have no idea if you will regret permanent tattoos. As you age, your priorities change, right along with your taste and attitude. The people who are being narrow-minded here, are ones who think they will never regret permanent body modification, this includes but is not limited to, tattoos, piercings, and scarification. There was a time, not long ago, when people paid money to see circus freaks. Society no longer exploits people people who are different. As you grow older, you'll realize there are more important things in life, than going out of your way, to try to look unique.
For many, it's not simply about 'looking unique'. I'm already a 6'1 tall woman, that alone makes me 'unique' .

I like tattoos. They make me happy. That's all there is to it. Sure, I might regret them when I'm older but everyone regrets something. I've noticed in my short life that people tend to regret things they didn't do, not things that they did do.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
I'm glad that now I'm among the ranks of the tattooed fiends, I've got a better appreciation for this thread and just how amusing it is.

Oh, and on the way home, I robbed two gas stations and ran over an old woman in a hoveround. Didn't even leave a dent...

Old 06-07-2010, 04:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
read it and weep, babe!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
^good one, I love it!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^good one, I love it!!!!!!!!
It was that, or this (http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/****_off_tattoo.jpg - broken link). I thought I'd be nice

Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
It was that, or this (http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/****_off_tattoo.jpg - broken link). I thought I'd be nice
link isnt there, but I can just imagine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty