Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 01:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,147 times

Advertisements

It's simple. The male body is hideous and should be covered up (but hey, men can run around shirtless).

The female body is beautiful and can be shown (but don't dare look if you're a guy).

Society is really messed up anyway so I do my own thing and not worry about the gag reflexes. I have some 'skimpy' tops myself and weird clothes (don't worry, they are still men's clothes).

The way I see it; I'm a reject, so why not?! I live for my approval. The time for caring what other people thought has passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 01:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pales View Post
Actually women subconsciously are extremely possessive and they dislike other women from staring at their man and his 'package'. So even if a woman wears practically nothing and reveals so much that she leaves nothing to imagination, she will give all sorts of excuses to make sure he man stays covered up....maybe even from head to toe. Hence we find all these silly excuses like 'speedos are not fashionable', 'board shorts look better', and all these lame excuses. By the way, compare pictures of a man in board shorts and in Speedo briefs. The men in those ugly knee length beach shorts look more like comic book characters. Go on men: go flaunt your body. Believe me, ladies love seeing men in briefs. I'm a straight guy in my 50s and I've worn briefs confidently throughout and my wife's female friends have told her that I still look hot. I don't go gymming and I don't have abs....but confidence to carry what I wear is all its about.
My wife too wears her 2 piece and I love it.
Sounds kinda like in these countries where they have women cover up in 'burkas' and even have their faces hidden to me.

At least it reminds me of that.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,587,080 times
OP: The "reason" is that women were, up until just recently, literally chattel - goods to be purchased, so the displaying the "goods" would instigate a purchase.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:52 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,573,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Gay men or Str8 men? There is a difference.
I guess there is a difference between haute couture and what most people wear every day. The former is often designed by gay men. Not so sure about ordinary clothes, though.

Fashion is rather different for men and women. When women wear leather pants for instance, it is often considered elegant, when men wear them they are considered pimps, gay, or at least embarrassing ^^

But from this straight man's perspective, the female body is simply much more aesthetic At least up to a certain age, beyond that there might be a kind of reversal. I have heard many people say that women become less attractive and men more attractive as they age...

Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 AM

7,121 posts, read 4,956,084 times
It has to do with some very basic biology of H.sapiens. Cf- plumage & mating behaviors among birds, fer instance. One gender displays; the other doesn't.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:38 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,932,137 times
Gaining and holding attention is more important to women as a general rule. Many subsequently spend inordinate amounts on appearances.

Some then complain if you look and despair if you don't. Bit complicated at times.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:50 AM

2,517 posts, read 3,060,517 times
Men's feet should be well-covered at all times. Egads! Hairy, lumpy loaves of wheat bread, they are.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:09 AM

35,512 posts, read 17,690,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
It has to do with some very basic biology of H.sapiens. Cf- plumage & mating behaviors among birds, fer instance. One gender displays; the other doesn't.
But interestingly, I can't think of a single species except humans where the female is the one who "displays". It's always the male, trying to lure a female in other species.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:31 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,340,896 times
No offense fellas, but the female body just looks better to me. While I love and appreciate the male body, I dunno...women are better to look at IMHO. Sometimes I want to leave something to the imagination, other times I don't It's yo thing do what you wanna do....

Old 07-03-2018, 11:42 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,586,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach.guy View Post
That outdated notion is changing.
It shouldn’t be. You look like a total dork if your shorts are above your knees by more than maybe an inch as a guy.

Poor girls though almost have no choice but to “work it” with some of this fashion. My GF wanted to find longer jean shorts and it was a serious chore just finding modest mid-thigh jean shorts. I think girls fashion is often way too objectifying. Maybe when I was single I was clueless to this but once I had a GF, no way did I want her dressing like the average 20s girl. It’s hard to take girls seriously when they’re wearing so little. What truly stands out to me is not another girl showing off everything but a classy girl who wears nice but not revealing clothing. That’s the rare unicorn! Plus if she’s actually hot she doesn’t need to show off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty