Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 11:35 AM

163 posts, read 390,888 times

Advertisements

Who do you think has the best Maternity clothes for the best prices. I'm only 12 weeks and barely showing. However I'm trying to find the best clothing stores that have nice and trendy clothing at great prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,797 times
We have several shops locally that offer consignment clothing that is very gently used. Check your local directories or ask friends or coworkers for input.

Check out Old Navy online for their maternity clothes. I hate Old Navy quality, but their clothes look cute online.

I'm 6 weeks and already up a pant size (bloated hopefully).

Old 04-13-2010, 11:55 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,602 times
Liz Lange for Target has some really cute maternity clothes...my friend's daughter is pregnant and has quite a bit of that line..she always looks really cute and stylish...

Old 04-13-2010, 02:14 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
Liz Lange for Target has some really cute maternity clothes...my friend's daughter is pregnant and has quite a bit of that line..she always looks really cute and stylish...
That was going to be my suggestion too. Their stuff is adorable, also I suggest talking with a friend who is about your same size that has had a baby, swapping clothing is fun and economical.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 AM

163 posts, read 390,888 times
Thanks ladies for the suggestions.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,846 times
I've had three babies and never invested much money in maternity fashions. I'd rather spend it on cute baby clothes.

Old navy has some really pretty and comfortable maternity fashions. The quality isn't the best but you only wear it for a few months so it doesn't matter. Motherhood Maternity also has attractive fashions from casual to dressy for reasonable prices. They also have a wide assortment of maternity underwear and bras and a belly band that you can wear over the waistbands of your pre-pregnancy pants to make them fit a while longer.

I found that when I told people I was pregnant they couldn't wait to pass down their maternity clothes. Some were hidious, but others were really nice. I think I received about three giant bags of clothing the last time I was pregnant.

I also agree with the posters who suggested consignment shops. The clothing tends to be more afordable and you can sell them back as long as you take care of them.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 AM

759 posts, read 3,144,836 times
The last time I was pregnant (about 6 yrs ago), JC Penney actually had nice trendy stuff for the summer and the prices were great. Also, some of the yoga pants from Target and Walmart (Danskin brand), are very comfortable, are great for the first few trimesters, and look great.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
If this is your first pregnancy and you're expecting to have more, go wild with the trendy for a few items, but realize it may look dated for your next pregnancy.

Ebay is a good source too btw.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:56 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
My wife did a lot of shopping on Ebay for mixed lots of tops from Micheal Stars and other high name brands. Some of the lots had over 15 tops ranging from Gap Maternity to Micheal Stars, etc. Yes, they are used clothing....but she only wore them for a couple of months, so it would have been stupid to throw money away on new clothes. She looked awesome thanks to eBay and saved hundreds of dollars.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
I sold all of my maternity stuff on ebay...which I could kick myself for now because I am prego again... Anyway, I sold all of my jeans, pants, jean skirts, cute tops, dresses etc etc... I would say there was about 18-20 pieces in my lot and it sold for like 140.00... Who ever bought it really made out. Definitly check ebay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty