Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times

Advertisements

I just thought this image should be revisited

see, sometimes speedo's are a-okay

http://bondilife.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Speedo_Lifeguard_Bondi_Australia.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
B&A

336 posts, read 252,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
I just thought this image should be revisited

see, sometimes speedo's are a-okay
Haha, I think you may have a point....I'm convinced.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&A View Post
No, you don't have to go to the extreme. How about maybe a one piece? not a thong bikini? something that covers the whole breast? covers the whole butt?... the list goes on. Some people are extremest here, huh?
I don't see anything wrong with bikinis or speedos. I don't like the extreme versions of either, though. Sometimes it's best to leave something to the imagination. The 'spaghetti strap' versions of each of them aren't that attractive, IMO. To some extent, it depends on how good the person's body is.

But in principle, I don't have a problem with seeing the shape of either the female or male anatomy. It's part of nature and not something we should be ashamed of, IMO, and find it necessary to completely obscure or hide.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
B&A

336 posts, read 252,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I don't see anything wrong with bikinis or speedos. I don't like the extreme versions of either, though. Sometimes it's best to leave something to the imagination. The 'spaghetti strap' versions of each of them aren't that attractive, IMO. To some extent, it depends on how good the person's body is.

But in principle, I don't have a problem with seeing the shape of either the female or male anatomy. It's part of nature and not something we should be ashamed of, IMO, and find it necessary to completely obscure or hide.
I completely agree with you on that. The whole reason we are having this conversation is because some (a lot nowadays) take it to the extreme when they pick out their swimwear.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 PM

441 posts, read 1,327,258 times
Funny thing is, that in many countries like Belgium, France, Central Europe... only speedos or very short trunks(think Daniel Craigh) are allowed in public swimming pools. You will get kicked if you come in those shorts that are common in US.

Reason is they take too much water away + collecting garbage.

So, depends.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 PM
mfa

19 posts, read 35,361 times
I agree..Nightcrawler..too many people are prudes in the country..why isnt Europe or South America.as uptight about mens bodies as the majority of people here in the States?..As far as a mans bulging "package" is concerned...just like boobs...part of the body...like everything else...if you dont like it..dont look.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Heres one for the ladies & gay guys. http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attach...hong-67656.jpg

Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 5,052 times
I prefer wearing a "speedo" over a trunk style swimming suit for the following reasons:
1. I do not get as cold because speedos dry faster and I have low body fat
2. I can move a lot easier in the water and getting out of the water because speedos hold less water
3. they provide much superior support (they do not squish!)
4. I chafe a lot less

To me a "speedo" on a man is equivlent to a lady's swimming suit (one or two piece) -- both are next to the skin. Often I can see the shape and outline of breasts and nipples and labia in a woman's swimming suit; what is the aversion, double standard, to the male form?

I can appreciate if someone does not like looking at me while I am wearing a "speedo" but I do not appreciate being openly made fun of. I do not make fun of anyone.

I hope that people can recognize that if a man is wearing a "speedo" he is not necessarily gay or showing off.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp05 View Post
I prefer wearing a "speedo" over a trunk style swimming suit for the following reasons:
1. I do not get as cold because speedos dry faster and I have low body fat
2. I can move a lot easier in the water and getting out of the water because speedos hold less water
3. they provide much superior support (they do not squish!)
4. I chafe a lot less

To me a "speedo" on a man is equivlent to a lady's swimming suit (one or two piece) -- both are next to the skin. Often I can see the shape and outline of breasts and nipples and labia in a woman's swimming suit; what is the aversion, double standard, to the male form?

I can appreciate if someone does not like looking at me while I am wearing a "speedo" but I do not appreciate being openly made fun of. I do not make fun of anyone.

I hope that people can recognize that if a man is wearing a "speedo" he is not necessarily gay or showing off.
for some reason a lot of people here get really upset if they should happen to see the outline of a penis..... but seeing anything on a women thru a bathing suit seems to be ok.......

Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Speedos are UGLY.
I dont care if you look like Daniel Craig and are hung like a horse.
I am not a prude. I was a nurse, married, have a son. I have seen plenty of outdoor plumbing,all shapes and sizes so that is NOT the issue. I think I speak for many women.
They look silly. You look silly in them. Serious Michale Phelps type swimmers and gay men get a pass.
For the rest of you,They cause snickers and uncontrolable eye rolling (hopefully when your back is turned)
Wear at your own risk.
You will not change my mind. I will not change yours, c'est la vie.
Enjoy your non squishy-ness.
The End

Last edited by nanannie; 08-26-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty