Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Your post amused me, that's all. Despite your puffery about male power and intellect, I can't say that I am intimidated by yours. I think that most of the men who brag about male superiority are riding someone else's coattails.
When a man/woman is not able to argue logically he/she starts dodging the questions, makes personal remarks and insults his/her opponent. That's what you JustJulia are doing right now.
Whatever... if we suppose you are the most successful woman of this world in terms of money and power while I'm the least successful, how in the world does it matter with the statement that most power and money of this world are in the male hands? You fail to argue with the obvious things so you start making personal remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 12:05 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,738 times
a male is ten times powerfull than the female who is ten times powerfull than ten male who is powerfull than ten female

Old 05-17-2010, 04:52 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Whatsies? Lil' ole me can't do a lick of math to save my bee-hind.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
When a man/woman is not able to argue logically he/she starts dodging the questions, makes personal remarks and insults his/her opponent. That's what you JustJulia are doing right now.
Whatever... if we suppose you are the most successful woman of this world in terms of money and power while I'm the least successful, how in the world does it matter with the statement that most power and money of this world are in the male hands? You fail to argue with the obvious things so you start making personal remarks.
I'm not particularly successful. I could be way more less successful than you. Then again, I could be way less more successful. Or way more less more. Or something.

There's no such thing as "way more less," which is what I'm laughing about, Flash. Don't whine about personal attacks when you started it.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm not particularly successful. I could be way more less successful than you. Then again, I could be way less more successful. Or way more less more. Or something.

There's no such thing as "way more less," which is what I'm laughing about, Flash. Don't whine about personal attacks when you started it.
Way more Less more ..lets rush to Mt.Rushmore tsk hehe
Oh by the way .. rumour has it theres a treasure hidden somewhere in the nasal cavity of one the carved and niche presidents .. anybody up for the booger booty ? lol

Old 10-21-2010, 09:20 AM

538 posts, read 732,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was looking at pictures of street scenes in Russia and what really stood out is that Russian women wear high heels. They all were wearing them from young to older ladies. They wear a wide variety of heels..many even wear boots with very high spiked heels. These were not pictures of women out for a night on the town either..they were just doing their daily business. What really amazed me is even the women walking on the beach were wearing heels.

It looked to me like Russian women will not leave the house in any other shoes but heels. They looked like they enjoyed wearing them too. They didn't look oppressed they looked empowered. In many of the couples I saw the woman in her heels towered over the man. American women are uncomfortable with this.

What's interesting is that at one time the U.S and Russia were probably similar when it came to women wearing heels. My guess is around the same exact time American women stopped wearing heels in the name of comfort is when the Russian women started wearing even more sexy and fashionable heels.
Jay, if heels are so sexy and fashionable, why don't YOU wear them!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:39 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
As a woman who was born in Russia and came to the US as an adolescent, I have to clear up a few misconceptions here.

Yes, I love wearing heels, and elegant dress is in our culture. However -- and that's for all you men who are pining for feminine women who always look like movie stars -- elegant dress costs money. I own a small fortune in shoes. (And please, no snarky comments on this one. Despite the fact that we women possess evil superpowers, even we cannot simultaneously own a bunch of high-heeled shoes and not spend any money on them.) Russians in general, unlike Americans, wear their wealth on their sleeve; it's reflected in their clothing. Thus, they spend a much greater proportion of their income on clothing and accessories. Whenever I have friends visiting from Russia, I, as someone with a foot in both worlds, still find myself SHOCKED at how much they spend on designer clothing and footwear. Clothes and shoes are viewed as assets and status symbols, almost as important as houses and cars. If "American" women (I put that in quotes because I, too, am an American) were to dress like Russian women, they'd spend a lot more on their wardrobes than they do now.

And there is another, practical reason why Russian women wear heels outside and "American" women do not. Russia has a lot less urban sprawl. Cities and towns are more compact and dense. Commutes are shorter. In the US, in urban areas at least, commutes are INSANE. If you live in Moscow and it takes you only 20-30 minutes to get to work, it's not a big deal to wear heels. But if you live in a suburb of NYC, and it takes you 2 hours to get to the office, most of which you have to spend on your feet, changing trains twice and climbing innumerable stairs, doing all that in heels is madness (though some still manage). Lots of women around here commute in sneakers and put on high-heeled shoes once they get to the office.
you so right on a lot of things that they will never understand this basic fact of life ..American women have lost there socalled female side to themselfs .most of American women have forgetten how to be a women in some areas of the socalled battle of the sexs that seams to be going on now..

instead of enjoying the fact that they are women and could look nice or be well groomed for the man they are called a houchie mama or sl--- or w--- by other women..for you are you own worst enemy in this area for you can not stand a women who will make themself look better in this world and you come up with all type of things to stay about the women

but with the socalled women haters along the women who feel that anything a women does to make themself look better is bad and they will not stand for it.. for this group will say you have put the women movement back 50 years by looking good for your husband or boyfriend ..

Old 10-24-2010, 06:39 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
I have some female friends who are Russian. They are sisters who have been in the U.S. less than 5 years, and I've never seen them in high heels.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
What men like women who are 5'11" in heels?

Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
My husband does. I am 6'3" in heels and see eye-to-eye with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty