Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 AM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Also, stop by a Borders and leaf through GQ, Esquire, and other men's magazines. The mags have photos that will give you ideas.
It might be even better to look on the websites of J. Crew, Gap, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Kohl's, Macy's, etc.--all kinds of stores. Make notes of what kinds of clothes look good together, what you could see yourself in, and then go shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 08:09 AM

10 posts, read 18,706 times
Jeans are perfectly fine for a date; as for the shirt even a plain t-shirt is great if it is the "right" brand/designer

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,716,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
Is it possible to get classier clothing without dress pants and collared shirts? I am interested in starting to date (after many years of illness, but that is another story. Now, you should know, I do like to look good, but I am on the casual side. I know that I have to give up sweatpants and ordinary T-shirts if I want to date. However, I HATE collared shirts. Is there any classier (ex. sweaters because its not the winter) shirts w/o collars for men? Any classier shirts that are OK for a date? What about pants? Do I need dress pants or are there any classier khakis that I could wear? Are jeans OK for men dating if they are designer? Any suggestions other than formal wear?
How "married" are you to the notion of no collar shirts? Because shirt collars and sleeves give that extra touch of polish you're looking for when you're casual and wanting to look to look good for your dates. Collarless is very casual, but I have seen some nice rather nice t-shirts that happen to be on the dressier side. Shirts with the henley button placard at the collar is a nice casual look.

Ralph Lauren makes some very classy looking polo shirts in a ton of colors. They go great with jeans or khakis or Dockers.

If you put yourself in the hands of a salesperson in a store, get ready to either spend some money or get subtly pressured into spending some. If you work in an office environment, check out how the better dressed guys look on Casual Fridays. You could even ask one where he shops. That can give you some clues, or maybe you're blessed with a well dressed older or younger brother, even a nephew in his twenties could help out with what to buy on a shopping trip.

Good luck, big guy. Looking good for the ladies pays big dividends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty