Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,745 times

Advertisements

I'm with you GypsySoul22, I work with so many women that dress like dudes and not even in the current fashion sense. It's like they are dressing in men's jeans and shirts from the early 90s. It's all baggy showing absolutely no curves and even the hairstyle is like a dude. So now, they look and dress like a guy from the early 90s and they don't even look like a good looking guy from the early 90s, it's more like the dorky guy look from the early 90s. I don't get it, maybe they don't want to get noticed by men or women.

I don't care what people say about how we need to move away from judging based on looks. That is a bunch of crap, we all judge based on looks, even if we say we don't...we only say we don't because some whiny ass ugly girl or guy made it wrong for us to say I hired her because she is hot and we don't want to get in trouble, so we make something up...like she has the skills to get the work done....ha! I'm not a great looking guy, but I wish I was, because I know how the world works, so I try my best to look and dress nice...I love how my wife says she loves my gut, or when she talks about how gross big muscles look, but then she ooh and ahhs guys like Mario Lopez with his shirt off. Looks matter people! Especially when it comes down to sex....if you are hot, people pay attention and want to do things for you and wan't to do you, if you are fat and ugly, nobody pays attention to you and everybody thinks you are a nag or annoying *****, because you probably are...god knows my wife is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,585 times
For me, It's all about comfort. I don't care much for all that stylish crap.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 AM

836 posts, read 1,492,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedhuman View Post
I'm with you GypsySoul22, I work with so many women that dress like dudes and not even in the current fashion sense. It's like they are dressing in men's jeans and shirts from the early 90s. It's all baggy showing absolutely no curves and even the hairstyle is like a dude. So now, they look and dress like a guy from the early 90s and they don't even look like a good looking guy from the early 90s, it's more like the dorky guy look from the early 90s. I don't get it, maybe they don't want to get noticed by men or women.

I don't care what people say about how we need to move away from judging based on looks. That is a bunch of crap, we all judge based on looks, even if we say we don't...we only say we don't because some whiny ass ugly girl or guy made it wrong for us to say I hired her because she is hot and we don't want to get in trouble, so we make something up...like she has the skills to get the work done....ha! I'm not a great looking guy, but I wish I was, because I know how the world works, so I try my best to look and dress nice...I love how my wife says she loves my gut, or when she talks about how gross big muscles look, but then she ooh and ahhs guys like Mario Lopez with his shirt off. Looks matter people! Especially when it comes down to sex....if you are hot, people pay attention and want to do things for you and wan't to do you, if you are fat and ugly, nobody pays attention to you and everybody thinks you are a nag or annoying *****, because you probably are...god knows my wife is!
Ah, the midlife crisis is a terrible thing, isn't it?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,648,372 times
You mean like Ellen DeGeneris,Chaz Bono, KD Lang...I have no clue!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:22 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,392,130 times
As a woman, I like clothing that is slightly more masculine because: 1) it is more comfortable, 2) it is usually better material and better constructed, and 3) it is warmer.

I like feminine colors and I'm always dressing up with jewelry and I like silk/cashmere/softer fabrics. But I don't like:

high-heeled shoes - because if I have to run suddenly to catch a bus or chase after one of my dogs, I'm afraid I'll end up on the ground

hose - because I work 9+ hours a day and sometimes I have to move boxes or server equipment around--and when I use to wear it, I would get a tear ever other day (expensive!)

thin material - because the AC in our office is always cranked up too high

transparent material - because I think that bras showing through clothing is TMI

tightly fitting clothing - because I move around a lot and I feel like having to wear a bra is uncomfortable enough

makeup - it is a lot of work to put on and maintain

I don't think that my clothing says anything about my interest in men. It just means that I think of myself first. I have tried to dress a little more feminine when dating, but then usually after a month or two, I go back to my old ways. So now when I date, I just dress the way I usually do so that he knows up front... this is the way I dress. No surprises.

One thing though... I do not wear sweatpants, t-shirts or baseball caps--unless I'm just walking across the parking lot to the gym. I think that most people--male or female--look like slobs when they're wearing sweatpants. That has nothing to do with masculine or feminine.

Also for Jay's comments about makeup... I suggest you trying wearing it for a month. You will not make it through a week. It is a real hassle putting it on, taking it off... And if you accidentally rub your eyes, it smears or it's on your hands... and people who wear it will check it throughout the day. I have better things to think about--rather than to walk around in a constant state of distraction wondering whether my hair and makeup are ok.

Last edited by dgz; 02-21-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 AM

102 posts, read 147,079 times
All though for my wife apart of it is the butch lesbian thing, but I dont think that is the 100% reason she dresses like a boy. According to her mother, and old pictures I have seen of her as a kid she had long hair and was always in skirts. When she was little the church her and her family attended forbid the girls to wear pants and shorts. When she got older I think she just rebaled against skirts completely. But I think it is also because that is how she feels comfortable. She is not hiding a disfigured figure. People would be extremely suprised that she has a very nice body under her baggy clothes. But if she where to ever leave the house in a dress or a blouse, I know that she would be uncomfortable in her own skin. She is still very picky about her clothes and dresses very nice.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,283 times
Junk Gypsy Co Tops, Abercrombie And Fitch Jeans, Nocona Belts, Sam Moon Braceles | "Miranda Lambert" by small_town_kid - Chictopia

I dress pretty similar to this on my free time (not always with ripped jeans and a tank top and I don't wear that much jewelry either) just to give a general idea...certainly not manly.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,055 times
I know what the OP's talking about and it's very bizarre to see a woman dressed like a man.

A woman my mother works with is a lesbian and dresses just like a man. She even has her hair cut and spiked up like a man's, it's very odd. I hear people talk about how odd she looks a lot and wonder why she dresses the way she does. Some people have said she's not comfortable wearing women's clothing, which makes virtually no sense whatsoever. Three teachers at my former middle school were lesbians and they certainly looked it. They all dressed very masculine, didn't pay much attention to their appearance and had weird looking skin. We used to make fun of them and no one really liked them.

Not to mention, there was a woman in my former math class who dressed and looked like a man. I think she was a lesbo. But she was a very strange person and I didn't trust her.

I don't especially understand these butch lesbo women and why they would want to look like men. I think they're just ashamed of being a woman. As another poster said, they tend to be very nasty people and I agree. However, they are women and are supposed to look like women.

Last edited by 90sman; 04-30-2012 at 08:50 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,539,987 times
IMHO skirts and dresses are way more comfortable than pants. Plus they look nice too!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,139,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I know what the OP's talking about and it's very bizarre to see a woman dressed like a man.

A woman my mother works with is a lesbian and dresses just like a man. She even has her hair cut and spiked up like a man's, it's very odd.

Not to mention, there was a woman in my former math class who dressed and looked like a man. I think she was a lesbo. But she was a very strange person and I didn't trust her.

I don't especially understand these butch lesbo women and why they would want to look like men. As another poster said, they tend to be very nasty people and I agree. However, they are women and are supposed to look like women.
Is that the 1890s that you're a man of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty