Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM

5 posts, read 15,167 times

Advertisements

im just anew here pls. would u be my friend?thank u.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Clinique is 100% frangrance free so it wasn't the perfume you were allergic to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I tried Mary Kay and Clinique, and each of them made me break out and wheeze and my eyes were bloodshot for days. Most of it was due to the heavy synthetic perfumes...I can handle a -little- perfume on my face, and I can handle natural things that just naturally have a scent. But those two were just horrible. I can't use L'Oreal or Dior for the same reason.

I use Origins and Clarin's. Make a Difference cream from Origins is great for the discoloration problem, and Mac's eye cream that has caffeine in it helps a lot with dark circles under the eyes.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:16 AM

The mens Clinique products are exactly the same as the womans just in more masculine packaging. When I sold Clinique I had many ment buy the womans because you get more product (oz wise) in the womans than the "mens".
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im going to get a lot of flack for this since Im a guy, but I have been using Clarifying lotion #2 and Dramatically Different Moisterizing lotion for years. I highly recommend them both.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 AM

For the original poster I am very familiar with Clinique as I sold it for years while putting myself through college. At the time Clinique was the only product on the market that was completely frangrance free. Now there are many products on the market that are fragrance free. The basic 3 step program is where they will start you. That said if you have any special needs (age spots) you will have to add on from there. The entire system is made around the basic 3 step skin care system. So for age spots you would need to add an additional cream. Also if you tend to be on the dry side you will need to add an additional heavier cream emolliant for your face. All of which they have. There basic 3 step is not enough for dry skin.

I have not used Cliniques skin care in a very long time. Not because there was anything wrong with it. I just kind of fell away from it. Like you we moved to an area where a dept. store was not accessible & at the time you could not order anything and everything online like you can now.

I have used many different lines and products over the years. I have extremely sensitive fair skin. I am allergic to many products (mary Kay, Avon, Origins, Lancome, Estee Lauder and the list goes on)

Currently I am using a product that can be purchased at Target that I am extremely happy with. BOOTS 7. Reasonably priced and have seen great results. They have products for every skin type and age.

I find the products from each skin care and makeup line that work the best for me and use them. I don't personally stick to only one line.

Good Luck to you! I hope you find what you are looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty