Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Being a Southern lady means not being snarky and sarcastic because a fellow Southern lady doesn't follow your personal fashion rules.

Honestly, you just sound like a bad joke to me. All of this "I get the vapors something awful" and "hotter than a fresh blueberry tart" nonsense? You're more scripted than an episode of As The World Turns.

Cheers, honey.
I havent heard any Southern women say the vapor word unless they were being sarcastic, lol!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Maybe she is an older woman? I'm in the South and I hear the older ladies (of different socioeconomic backgrounds) say such every now and then. I think that it is a product of their time.
Like Kshe, the only time I have ever heard an old Southern lady say "the vapors" was if she was being sarcastic. But I have heard middle-aged try-hards say it.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
My grandma is both old and southern (from low-class Alabama, as it were!), and even she wouldn't be caught dead talking in earnest about "vapors," or trotting out this tired "hotter than a fresh blueberry tart" prattle unless she were acting a community theatre parody of Tennessee Williams or dressing up as Miz Scaaah-lett for a costume party.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My grandma is both old and southern (from low-class Alabama, as it were!), and even she wouldn't be caught dead talking in earnest about "vapors," or trotting out this tired "hotter than a fresh blueberry tart" prattle unless she were acting a community theatre parody of Tennessee Williams or dressing up as Miz Scaaah-lett for a costume party.
or an episode of Designing Women, which had a lot of subtle skewering of stuff like this!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM

114 posts, read 127,622 times
Quote:
Being a Southern lady means not being snarky and sarcastic because a fellow Southern lady doesn't follow your personal fashion rules.

Honestly, you just sound like a bad joke to me. All of this "I get the vapors something awful" and "hotter than a fresh blueberry tart" nonsense? You're more scripted than an episode of As The World Turns.

Cheers, honey.
Who responded to whom first? I believe I was just minding my business until this woman came in to start prodding me about my background. I am a well-respected member of my community who wears make up all the time. If you don't like it, click on another thread topic.

If you don't like my phrases and mannerisms, you can move on too. I didn't tell you to read my posts, nor to respond. But I guess it's clear that you truly have nothing better to do with you time. So sad. Bless your heart.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Who responded to whom first? I believe I was just minding my business until this woman came in to start prodding me about my background. I am a well-respected member of my community who wears make up all the time. If you don't like it, click on another thread topic.

If you don't like my phrases and mannerisms, you can move on too. I didn't tell you to read my posts, nor to respond. But I guess it's clear that you truly have nothing better to do with you time. So sad. Bless your heart.
No, honey.....Bless Your Heart!
Have another cocktail, you'll feel much better about yourself. I can see you are in much need of it.
BTW, this isnt your thread, so dont be telling anyone to move on.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post

Aren't you just a doll?

If I don't like it, I'll critique it. This is a discussion, after all.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Aww look ladies...A "natural" girl. Its just a lovely look isn't it?:

Oh wait...maybe that last one with full face is a little better. Eh? LOL

Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Women don't need makeup; women need to start eating better, keep themselves hydrated, and stop stressing over silly things.
LOL..says the one with 18 year old skin that has not worn the stresses of the adult world. (see above for examples)

Old 06-23-2010, 06:50 AM

49 posts, read 135,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I was talking with some friends and they said they hate to see women with an incomplete 'face' meaning they have on make up but it's not completed and they might as well not put on any make up at all. They said you are suppose to at least have on:

foundation/power
eyeshadow
blush
mascara
eyeliner
eyebrows shaped
Lipgloss/Lipstick

you can add more like concealer, bronzer, etc. if needed but you at least need to be wearing the basics or you might as well not wear any make up at all.

Do you agree?
I'm terribly sorry, but I do not agree. Guys are much attracted to all-natural girls.
I'm not saying you should do nothing to your face. Eat right, aplly natural stuff like rubbing into your skin avocado to make it more soft or drinking lemon juice to maintan health, even color of your skin, etc.
Natural beauty rules!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty