Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM

33 posts, read 44,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac Farm View Post
They're perfect because they're airy yet aren't open-toed. Some people really have a "thing" about not wanting to see toes....
Yeah I admit that I feel kinda funny about exposing my toes in public which is why I'm not too comfortable with the flip flops. Maybe that'll change over time....thought this might be a good sandals to eventually transition to flip flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I don't care for them. I generally much prefer the flip flop look on men. My husband goes through 2-3 pair of good quality leather-upper flip flops each summer season here in AZ. He never wore flip flops until he met me and now he can't live without them.
Do most women like the flip flop look on guys or are you an exception? I've tried them and they are comfy but I feel kinda funny wearing them out and about....I guess I need to find a girlfriend like you to set me straight LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
Definitely do not wear them with socks!
LOL yeah socks would look dorky with those shoes.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
very nice you should get them
Thanks everyone for your honest feedback, I think I'll go ahead and get them. I was afraid they might look too dorky.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Comfortable, yes. But they scream "I'm a middle-aged dork!"
Well, if you are a middle-aged dork, there's nothing wrong with proclaiming that you are.

Vive le dorkiness!

Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
On the dork scale, those shoes barely rate a 3. I mean, they qualify to make it onto the scale in the first place, but that just makes them cool. Dork is the new Chanel, afterall. Just don't get the plastic (and trendy) Tivas. They make your feet STINK something awful.

Just make sure whatever you wear is made well, with leather and/or other natural material/fiber. Otherwise you end up with the Tiva Stink-Foot problem, toe-jam, fungus, and otherwise nasty stuff.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
On the dork scale, those shoes barely rate a 3. I mean, they qualify to make it onto the scale in the first place, but that just makes them cool. Dork is the new Chanel, afterall. Just don't get the plastic (and trendy) Tivas. They make your feet STINK something awful.
How do they compare on the dork scale to a leather slide? Let's say something like this:

I'm glad you mention the Tevas because that is another option I was considering. I guess that answers my question.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,154,449 times
Like them. My son wore this style at your age--but they are appropriate for any age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty