Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
Okay but is it easier? Yes.
A lot of women in my gym look good. And they are average citizens. They simply take care of themselves.

That means no personal trainers, not much make up. To me they make it look like it's easier for them.

I regularly see them finish the morning chore and rushing to work with as much make up or formal dress they are able to wear in the women's locker room.

Personal trainers don't have a magic wand. Most of the time, they are just goofing around. This is one job not worth having a payroll for, honestly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,808,511 times
Some on here are confusing inner and outer beauty. When it comes down to it inner beauty is much more important but that doesn't mean that outer beauty doesn't exist. Also inner and outer beauty aren't mutually exclusive. There are some people who are beautiful inside and out and some others who are ugly on the outside that are also ugly on the inside when you get to know them. Like they say you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yes to all of the above. That's where Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox come in...beautiful, until they open their mouths. Well, they are still physically beautiful regardless of how much they may repulse me as human beings, but I am instantly unattracted to them if that makes sense. I do believe a pleasant personality compliments physical appearance...win/win!
I disagree about Kim K. I think she has a good personality to go along with her beautiful looks. She is in touch with her feminine side and is very much a girly girl...which is a nice and somewhat rare quality these days,

Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,266,427 times
Well, I appreciate physical beauty, too, but to me it is an extremely fragile thing. The best-looking person in the world can suddenly look ugly as Hell to me the instant his/her mouth opens. Good looks are merely a tool to attract; it isn't what keeps people linked to you.

And perhaps this is why I so seldom, if not rarely, "rave" or feel heart flutters at the sight of a good-looking man.

On the other end of the spectrum, I love the surprise of noticing a "homely" face light up with a dazzling smile. Many of these people actually bloom immediately into a beautiful person, I think.

Where physical beauty goes, I find it in most types.

Men: I prefer 'em 5-6" to 5'10" (I know, I know ~ most women like them TALL), stocky, nice head of hair. Don't care what color their eyes or hair are. However ~ I don't like pale or ruddy complexions. A plus for me is long hair, whether it hangs or is tied back. Jeff Bridges is a good example.

Last edited by Bluesmama; 05-23-2010 at 05:44 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,298,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Keeley Hazell is one of the page 3 Brit girls who periodically sell their boobs to the tabloid loving British public. Some of the women look very good, but the business they do is somewhat gutter grade.

She also has a sex tape which slipped out somehow
To that, I say respectfully: so?

If we are talking about physical beauty only: the dumb, slutty decisions she makes have nothing to do with that.

You should have put a wink by the word "somehow" I think most sex tapes slip out accidentally on purpose.

btw, Jay F, most of what I hear out of Kim Kardashian's mouth is drama, materialism, and compliments to herself. I guess that's charming and feminine.

No offense to the love of your life or anything

Old 05-23-2010, 10:35 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,018,104 times
Meh, I like 'em white and kinda nerdy.

Dark hair..NO BLONDE MEN! Blonde haired men usually dont get a second look.
Blue/green eyes (Green gets my attention fastest)
At least a couple inches taller than me (Im 5'5")
Can hold an intelligent conversation
Doesnt mind exploring
Pale-ish complexion
No long hair (as in you can make a ponytail with it)
Quick wit and can take a joke. I like banter and someone who will sass me back.

oh, and a nice butt is a definate plus.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
To that, I say respectfully: so?

If we are talking about physical beauty only: the dumb, slutty decisions she makes have nothing to do with that.

You should have put a wink by the word "somehow" I think most sex tapes slip out accidentally on purpose.

btw, Jay F, most of what I hear out of Kim Kardashian's mouth is drama, materialism, and compliments to herself. I guess that's charming and feminine.

No offense to the love of your life or anything
No offense taken. I haven't watched the show too often. My girlfriend watches it regularly so I have seen glances of it and I formed a positive opinion of Kim based on that. I'm one of the few guys who likes women who compliment themselves and generally have big egos. I'm modest and unassuming myself but find the opposite qualities to be attractive in women.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,587,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Nothing sexy about droopy boobs at 30 years old ... Wait, there's always plastic to the rescue !
Hey my friend. Haven't you ever heard the term: "if they ain't got stretch marks they ain't boobs"

Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,587,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Meh, I like 'em white and kinda nerdy.

Dark hair..NO BLONDE MEN! Blonde haired men usually dont get a second look.
Blue/green eyes (Green gets my attention fastest)
At least a couple inches taller than me (Im 5'5")
Can hold an intelligent conversation
Doesnt mind exploring
Pale-ish complexion
No long hair (as in you can make a p

e banter and someone who will sass me back.

oh, and a nice butt is a definate plus.
I thought all women liked men with blond hair? Or is that only in California.

But why don't you like long hair? I'm a guy with very long hair and I find women are attracted to me because of it. But I don't do it for them. I do it for me because I like it. I also demand very long hair in women I go with. To me long beautiful dark silky hair completes any picture of beauty. Long hair can make an average face beautiful.

Interesting thoughts colddiamond !

Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,084,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I thought all women liked men with blond hair? Or is that only in California.

But why don't you like long hair? I'm a guy with very long hair and I find women are attracted to me because of it. But I don't do it for them. I do it for me because I like it. I also demand very long hair in women I go with. To me long beautiful dark silky hair completes any picture of beauty. Long hair can make an average face beautiful.

Interesting thoughts colddiamond !
Men with long hair are very beautiful...My ex had long hair for a long time..he would keep in in a braid. I like black and blonde hair on men. But Im a sucker for bald men with goatees..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty