U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 AM

1,937 posts, read 7,466,107 times

Advertisements

I had back surgery about 6 weeks ago. I have always had pretty normal to dry skin. Sometimes it could get very dry in fact. Since having surgery my face has been extremely oily. I had bought a new mask and had used it a couple times and thought maybe it was the mask, so I stopped using that. That did not change anything. When I say oily it is oily. When I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning I have to wash my face immediately because it feels like an oil slick is on it. I have even gotten a couple very small pimples on my nose which were no big deal just something I have never had. Now I am wondering if it could possibly be a result of the anesthesia from the surgery? I read it can stay in your system for 10 weeks or longer depending on how long you were under and what type they used. Does anyone have a clue?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 PM

8,410 posts, read 37,899,259 times
That is normal. It should start returning to your normal within the month. But in the mean time "clean and clear" products are a nice cheap solution to deal with the oil and breakouts. I would get a gentle buff puff too for this coming month. First you get the oil, then you may get a acne follow up. Using the clean and clear and exfoliation will help. If you use a moisturizer now, I would switch to an oil free one for acne prone skin(if you even need it it all currently).

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 PM

1,937 posts, read 7,466,107 times
Thanks Pitt. I think I may have bought my son some of that clean & clear stuff for his nose I will have to dig in his bath cabinet and see. Now my nails are doing just the opposite.....dried out and peeling terribly which is weird. Never had that before either but read online that anesthesia can cause that too. Guess it really did a number on me!

Old 08-05-2019, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 8,068 times
I had foot surgery 2 weeks ago under general anesthesia. I notice that the area of the operated foot are all dry and peeling . Is this a side effect of the anesthesia? Thank you...

Old 08-05-2019, 01:00 PM

30,444 posts, read 21,571,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene Fotila View Post
I had foot surgery 2 weeks ago under general anesthesia. I notice that the area of the operated foot are all dry and peeling . Is this a side effect of the anesthesia? Thank you...
Not the anesthesia, I wouldn’t think. You might be having a reaction to the dressing, perhaps. Call the surgeon’s office and ask. Be persistent if you have itching, pain or swelling.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:45 AM

3,882 posts, read 3,525,988 times
I wonder if it could be a reaction to the stress of surgery and any changes that forces on us for the duration?

Also.. your nails will definitely reveal a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if you see a bump or indent growing out in all or some of your nails in a month or so. Often nails react to trauma, both physical and emotional by creating Beau's lines. You can tell usually by the rate of nail growth if you see them on someone how long ago they experienced the trauma.
I found out about them a few months after my ex walked out after 21 yrs of marriage. I didn't notice them until a few months later as they were moving up the nail as it grew.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:12 AM

5,596 posts, read 3,694,406 times
It's probably due to physiological changes from not being able to exercise, and the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty