Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 PM

18 posts, read 39,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
The 1st Amendment does not apply to this forum per Administator: Terms of Service. "Welcome! This forum is strictly moderated."
I have read the Terms of Service and did not see where it said they do not uphold the 1st Amendment, our Constitutional right to free speech. However, I did see where it indicates that these forums need to be kept to the topic at hand. Which, this topic has gotten out of hand because, I believe, someone did not agree with me and my opinion. I will just say Pro's and Con's are a good thing regardless if it is looking for a new appliance or moving to a new location. Just to add, please read and understand what is being read. Please do not put words in other peoples mouths and say things that have not been said, this is how rumors are started and reputations can be ruined. Remember, as per Terms of Service: "Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other."

Please respect other's opinions. Respect is what life should be about regardless of their beliefs. With all this said, again, I have given my opinion.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsglow13 View Post
I have read the Terms of Service and did not see where it said they do not uphold the 1st Amendment, our Constitutional right to free speech. However, I did see where it indicates that these forums need to be kept to the topic at hand. Which, this topic has gotten out of hand because, I believe, someone did not agree with me and my opinion. I will just say Pro's and Con's are a good thing regardless if it is looking for a new appliance or moving to a new location. Just to add, please read and understand what is being read. Please do not put words in other peoples mouths and say things that have not been said, this is how rumors are started and reputations can be ruined. Remember, as per Terms of Service: "Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other."

Please respect other's opinions. Respect is what life should be about regardless of their beliefs. With all this said, again, I have given my opinion.
The First Amendment does not apply to privately owned internet forums. The Terms of Service is the governing "Constitution" of City-Data.

That being said, this thread seems to have run its course and has become a cranky dialogue. Closed.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers