Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGreatEscape View Post
It is definitely a Fresh Market that is opening in Rogers. It was on the news or in the paper last week as they are hiring. I believe the address (2203 promenade blvd rogers ar suite 12100) is the old Borders bookstore location.
thanks, we were out of town for about 10 days so missed a lot of news. I just wish it was either Sprouts or Trader Joe's, but hopefully, if Benton county goes wet in Nov one of the two will decide to open here.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM

69 posts, read 172,953 times
I went to a Fresh Market in Lexington, KY. My impression of it was that it was "upscale". It didn't have a particular focus on organic and health foods like Whole Foods, but more of "fine" and gourmet foods and expensive types of meat and fish that you wouldn't find in a typical grocery store, but still not too much that was organic. I didn't go back...but we also had a whole foods and a natural foods co-op (and now they have a Trader Joes too!). I guess a Fresh Market would be better than nothing.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM

63 posts, read 226,475 times
If you are in your 20's and no kids and enjoy the night life you will want to live in Fayetteville. You will learn to deal with the Rogers commute as you get used to it I'm sure. I work with a couple who until recently had no kids and live in Fayetteville for exactly the night life atmosphere and they commute to Rogers everyday.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:30 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,547 times
I went to the fresh market today. Wow I really liked it. As mentioned above, fresh market is a little more focus on gourmet than a whole foods market, but it was not lacking in options for healthy choices. as the name emphasises, the food quality, especially the produce is top notch quality. I literally saw the biggest avacado I have ever seen in my life. After visiting nwa a few weeks ago, I think the fresh market will fit in nicely in the promenade.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 PM

41 posts, read 66,905 times
Fresh market will be very nice. Coming from out of state, I've been impressed with how Rogers seems to fill vacant spaces so quickly. As for the original question, there are lots of 20 something's in Rogers. Dickson street is greet but you certainly don't need to live in Fayetteville to enjoy it. In most metro areas it seems a 15-20 minute drive is common to reach an entertainment district. I've noticed the Rogers theos is packed along with the other restaurants on that side of the interstate. I almost prefer to go there most night anymore.

If you work in Rogers you might find living here easiest. Probably easier to "commute" to Fayetteville one weekend night.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadmaker1 View Post
Fresh market will be very nice. Coming from out of state, I've been impressed with how Rogers seems to fill vacant spaces so quickly. As for the original question, there are lots of 20 something's in Rogers. Dickson street is greet but you certainly don't need to live in Fayetteville to enjoy it. In most metro areas it seems a 15-20 minute drive is common to reach an entertainment district. I've noticed the Rogers theos is packed along with the other restaurants on that side of the interstate. I almost prefer to go there most night anymore.

If you work in Rogers you might find living here easiest. Probably easier to "commute" to Fayetteville one weekend night.
You make some very good points. It is amazing how busy the entire Benton Co and Wash county can be almost any night of the week and mostly with the upper mobile, young crowd. A few years ago, hubby and I decided to have a really nice meal and went to Ruths Chris for dinner. it was relatively earty (about 6pm) and a Monday night. I thought the place would be dead. No, it wasn't packed but considering the night or the week and the time I was amazed at how many people were there and a few with young kids. Rogers, Bentonville, and yes, Fayetteville as well as many of the other small towns around here certainly are not what many people visualize when they think of AR,

Nita

Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM

41 posts, read 66,905 times
Agreed. I'm very impressed with the region as a whole. For whatever reason I like Benton County better, but I wouldn't trade any of it!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 AM

730 posts, read 2,254,337 times
I live in Fayetteville and commute to Bentonville 5 days a week for work. I work the typical 8-5 so I am RIGHT in the middle of the rush hour hustle. If I get up and drive to Bentoville on a weekend it takes literally 20 minutes but getting off right at five on weekdays the same commute takes me 50. It does help if you can very your shifts just a bit.Also sometimes traffic is randomly better or worse for no apparent reason. That being said- I don't mind this arragement at all. I chose to live in Fayetteville for many of the same reasons the OP mentioned. The job I love happens to be in Bentonville. Honestly it gives me a chance to enjoy what both places have to offer. I also feel that this region (Fayetteville, Springdale,Rogers, Bentonville) is just starting to be become one big city anyway.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,547 times
Ok it looks like the job in Lowell might work out. I wanted to get some feedback on where to live. As explained we prefer to live in Fayetteville but the commute concerns me so we were looking toward the northern part of town. We found an area that fits a lot of what we are looking for but I wanted to get some local feedback. We want a safe area in fayetteville but do not want to be in an apt complex full of parties. We would rather have an older home or duplex for privacy. This rental says its north of the mall so I'm somewhat familiar but what is everyone's thoughts? Any reason I should not live here?
Listing Detail

Edit: I think this link only stays working for a short browsing session. The property appears to be located with other duplexes and the address is, Samantha 5802, Unit: 1 in Fayetteville

Old 07-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
Ok it looks like the job in Lowell might work out. I wanted to get some feedback on where to live. As explained we prefer to live in Fayetteville but the commute concerns me so we were looking toward the northern part of town. We found an area that fits a lot of what we are looking for but I wanted to get some local feedback. We want a safe area in fayetteville but do not want to be in an apt complex full of parties. We would rather have an older home or duplex for privacy. This rental says its north of the mall so I'm somewhat familiar but what is everyone's thoughts? Any reason I should not live here?
Listing Detail

Edit: I think this link only stays working for a short browsing session. The property appears to be located with other duplexes and the address is, Samantha 5802, Unit: 1 in Fayetteville
i am not sure but if it is where I think it is, you may not be terribly pleased. Our granddaughter used to live on Samantha (might be further south) it was county territory with a Fayetteville address. They were all duplexes, not bad but certainly not very nice. I hope I am wrong, where she lived was off exit 69 I believe.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers