Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM

10 posts, read 28,687 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are in our 40's with a 3 year old child. We are considering a move to the NW Arkansas region. If we were to look in Bella Vista, which part would be best for us if we wanted our daughter to have good schools and a nice community? I know Bella Vista used to be primarily retirees but I am seeing that more and more families are choosing to live there. It looks like a fantastic area to live.

Anyone who could give me some advice basically, the best place in this area to raise a child...I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKellyU View Post
My wife and I are in our 40's with a 3 year old child. We are considering a move to the NW Arkansas region. If we were to look in Bella Vista, which part would be best for us if we wanted our daughter to have good schools and a nice community? I know Bella Vista used to be primarily retirees but I am seeing that more and more families are choosing to live there. It looks like a fantastic area to live.

Anyone who could give me some advice basically, the best place in this area to raise a child...I would appreciate it.
As much as we love living on the west side of 71 and are clear up in the Highlands, for schools and areas with families the east side is best. The east side is Bentonville schools which are among the top schools in AR, the west side, happens to be Gravette schools. The interesting thing, more expensive homes are on the west side, but for families the east side is better. You would think the two would go together. Remember, of course, I am generalizing, there ae exceptions to every rule. ranhraghe wse

Old 08-09-2012, 06:55 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
Nita is right. The main complaint my elderly parents have is the teens on their side. I can't reason with them that it is legal to drive down the street past 9:00 p.m but they live in the Bentonville school district. I tried and tried to get them in the Garrett district so they would be with most of the retired people but they fell in love with the house. So, you will be just fine in the Bentonville school district and wouldn't even know that Bella Vista was originally a retirement type area. When I visit and go to the swimming pool with my grands they just have a ball in the pool and there are tons of kids I might add.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Nita is right. The main complaint my elderly parents have is the teens on their side. I can't reason with them that it is legal to drive down the street past 9:00 p.m but they live in the Bentonville school district. I tried and tried to get them in the Garrett district so they would be with most of the retired people but they fell in love with the house. So, you will be just fine in the Bentonville school district and wouldn't even know that Bella Vista was originally a retirement type area. When I visit and go to the swimming pool with my grands they just have a ball in the pool and there are tons of kids I might add.
yesterday I was playing bridge at Riordon Hall. The pool was overflowing with kids or all ages. I love to see them and am happy we have such a mixture of ages and demographics here. It is changing yearly. OH, I love the retirement part, I love all our older (well shall we say mature) friends, but I know a town with no young people will eventually die. I do smile when you talk about your parents and the teens. One of the ladies I sometimes play bridge said a similar thing: She was talking about all the young families moving in, when I mentioned how much I love the idea, her comment back was: " but Nita don't you realize kids turn into teen agers"? Yes, she lives on the east side. Our second choice of houses was on the east side and was very much in a sub division: that was one of the main reasons we choose to take it off our list: there were no fences,which is a part of Bella Vista in many areas and we could see the people on the one side had lots of kids, by the toys and bikes everywhere.

To the OP, let me add one thing: don't totally shut off the idea of the West side and the Gravett school district. Every year their test score go up.This is partially due to the influx of families to Bellas Vista. There will also be a new Elementary school on the west side, pretty much on the planning block for a coulple years from now. The land is already purchased and the sign up..

Nita

Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 AM

10 posts, read 28,687 times
Thanks for all of the information! Really appreciate it.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:29 PM

73 posts, read 126,309 times
Default This

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As much as we love living on the west side of 71 and are clear up in the Highlands, for schools and areas with families the east side is best. The east side is Bentonville schools which are among the top schools in AR, the west side, happens to be Gravette schools. The interesting thing, more expensive homes are on the west side, but for families the east side is better. You would think the two would go together. Remember, of course, I am generalizing, there ae exceptions to every rule. ranhraghe wse
You are on the west side of 71, clear up in the Highlands. I'm pretty sure that is NOT Bentonville school district.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:04 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofsnow67 View Post
You are on the west side of 71, clear up in the Highlands. I'm pretty sure that is NOT Bentonville school district.
Unless I read something incorrectly, I believe that is what she said.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Unless I read something incorrectly, I believe that is what she said.
I used the word "generalized" because that is what my comment was: a generalization. Actually there are 3 school districts BV kids might attend as I mentioned on another borad referring to Bentonvilie schools. The east side and yes, a portion of the west side go to Bentonville schools (only a portion) the far east side, just a handful actually go to pea Ridge and the west side above a certain street go to Gravette. Does that clarify the issue at all?

Old 09-19-2015, 09:06 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,094 times
I always thought that people moved to bella vista due to the more affordable housing but I recently took a boat ride around loch lomond and the lake houses were simply beautiful and absolutely desireable.

No comment on the school district since I have no idea which school district that area was.

I do have a friend that purchased a house near the MO border way east of 49 and they paid well under 100k for their modest home. Their school aged kid is home schooled so no data on school district.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I always thought that people moved to bella vista due to the more affordable housing but I recently took a boat ride around loch lomond and the lake houses were simply beautiful and absolutely desireable.

No comment on the school district since I have no idea which school district that area was.

I do have a friend that purchased a house near the MO border way east of 49 and they paid well under 100k for their modest home. Their school aged kid is home schooled so no data on school district.
there are several reasons people settle in BV; yes, one is the lower cost of homes even the lake ones compared to some parts of the region. Other reasons, originally was retirement, that isn't the case anymore. The area is becoming very much a family friendly city. That is one of the reasons our granddaughter and her family moved here last month. The number of kids in our church is a reminder how the family visability in BV is upon us. trees and beauty add to the desirability. Of course there are downsides as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers