Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM

27 posts, read 147,268 times

Advertisements

Could anyone from this area tell us what they think of this area. We are thinking of relocating. What are the schools like? The cost of living. We have looked some of this on the internet but would like to hear from people who live there. Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 02:40 PM

26 posts, read 101,124 times
Springdale is a good area to live in Northwest Arkansas. It's traditionally known as the blue collar city of Northwest Arkansas. Cost of Living is about the cheapest in the 4 major cities there. There's plenty of schools, yet they are full.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 PM

26 posts, read 146,397 times
Is it Springdale in particular that you are interested in? There are several towns surrounding Springdale that you might also want to consider. Fayetteville, Lowell, Bentonville, Rogers, and then there are some smaller outlying areas.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM

4 posts, read 30,801 times
Default Some new Springdale facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
Could anyone from this area tell us what they think of this area. We are thinking of relocating. What are the schools like? The cost of living. We have looked some of this on the internet but would like to hear from people who live there. Thank you for your help.

The schools are good...the schools in this area are the best in Arkansas, but Arkansas school systems are 2nd to worse in the whole nation. Springdale schools are WAY overcrowded with an average classroom size of 38. Springdale schools are so overcrowded they have a plan to build one new elementary school a year, for now. The cost of living is among the best in the country in growing metros, I think #7. Many stats on this website are very outdated and have really changed a lot since the 2000 census. Springdale took a recent census of the city in April 2006 and everything on the Springdale would look a lot different in a new update. But luckily I have those stats from the 2006 local census.

Population (April 2006): 67,006 (+36.4% change since 2000)

Median resident age: 29.0 years
Median household income: $38,875
Median house value: $95,500

Races in Springdale:
• White Non Hispanic (46.8%)
• Hispanic (34.6%)
• Asian/Filipino (6.5%)
• Black (4.1%)
• American Indian (3.4%)
• Two or more races (3.4%)
• Other Race (2.0%)

For population 25 years and over in Springdale
• High school or higher: 70.6%
• Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.3%
• Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
• Unemployed: 4.9%
• Mean travel time to work: 25.3 minutes

28.1% Foreign born (23.6% Latin America, 3.1% Asia, 0.6% Europe).

Springdale compared to Arkansas state average:
• Median house value above state average.
• Unemployed percentage below state average.
• Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
• Median age below state average.
• Renting percentage above state average.
• Length of stay since moving in below state average.
• Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
• Number of college students above state average.
• Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
• Foreign born population significantly above state average.
• Median household income significantly above state average.

Anything else you would like to know, jest ask.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:18 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,877 times
Born and raised there..nice and quiet.Good place to raise kids...the cost of living is VERY LOW.BUT...income is too. Also if you get bored there, there are plenty of cities nearby to venture out to OK city,Tulsa,St Louis,Kansas City....Thats what we always did when we got bored.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Lover View Post
The schools are good...the schools in this area are the best in Arkansas, but Arkansas school systems are 2nd to worse in the whole nation. Springdale schools are WAY overcrowded with an average classroom size of 38. Springdale schools are so overcrowded they have a plan to build one new elementary school a year, for now. The cost of living is among the best in the country in growing metros, I think #7. Many stats on this website are very outdated and have really changed a lot since the 2000 census. Springdale took a recent census of the city in April 2006 and everything on the Springdale would look a lot different in a new update. But luckily I have those stats from the 2006 local census.

Population (April 2006): 67,006 (+36.4% change since 2000)

Median resident age: 29.0 years
Median household income: $38,875
Median house value: $95,500

Races in Springdale:
• White Non Hispanic (46.8%)
• Hispanic (34.6%)
• Asian/Filipino (6.5%)
• Black (4.1%)
• American Indian (3.4%)
• Two or more races (3.4%)
• Other Race (2.0%)

For population 25 years and over in Springdale
• High school or higher: 70.6%
• Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.3%
• Graduate or professional degree: 5.5%
• Unemployed: 4.9%
• Mean travel time to work: 25.3 minutes

28.1% Foreign born (23.6% Latin America, 3.1% Asia, 0.6% Europe).

Springdale compared to Arkansas state average:
• Median house value above state average.
• Unemployed percentage below state average.
• Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
• Median age below state average.
• Renting percentage above state average.
• Length of stay since moving in below state average.
• Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
• Number of college students above state average.
• Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
• Foreign born population significantly above state average.
• Median household income significantly above state average.

Anything else you would like to know, jest ask.
Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
Why is this?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:33 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
whenever there is a city (or area) that has a higher than normal Hispanic population, there usually is a poultry processing or meat packing plant that draws them.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 26,449 times
Springdale is a nice town, but it definitely is considered the red-headed stepchild of northwest Arkansas. Cost of living is very reasonable for the area.

Tyson (chicken) is headquartered in Springdale - some people up here call the town Chickendale. Rogers also has a significant Latino population, but it's more noticeable in Springdale - numerous businesses, signs, etc. are in Spanish.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,119 times
Default Relocation to Springdale

I am thinking of relocating to Springfield and am trying to research first. The posts I am reading don't speak highly of the schools (overcrowded). Are the classrooms overflowing or are they portables like they use in Florida? Also I hear there's a large Hispanic population. Is is mixed or mostly Mexicans?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:36 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,523 times
I live in Fayetteville (a nearby town) but am familiar enough with Springdale to try to answer some of your ?'s.The schools are full but outstanding. The cost of living is very reasonable, however I'm pretty sure incomes in NWA are less than the national average.So that kind of evens things out. One good thing about Springdale is the Jones center for Families- they offer all sorts of instructional programs for children and adults. They have a very nice pool as well as an ice skating rink that my kids (and myself) visit often.Job wise it would be an easy commute to nearby towns allowing you to consider jobs in Fayetteville, Rogers or Bentonville.There is a large hispanic/latino population in Springdale- So much so that some area business have signs etc in spanish vs english.The pro to this is that my children are already more bilingual than I will ever be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers