Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:22 PM

15 posts, read 80,183 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know much about the Shadow Valley subdivision located in Rogers, but in the Bentonville School District? Or, can someone recommend a different subdivision in that area that is very family-oriented and also has amenities like a pool/tennis etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Shadow Valley is very nice, upscale, fairly close to 540 and the Pinnacle area. Some other forum members have commented on the roads getting in and out of the area, the streets in the subdivision are new and wide and in great condition, but the subdivision was built on old farmland and the farm roads are pretty narrow and either in terrible condition or under construction. There are quite a few subdivisions similar to Shadow Valley, both in Rogers and in Bentonville, and the schools in both cities are quite good. The best thing to do would be to visit and to explore the area, both on your own and with a good realtor, because that way you'd probably get a better feel of what's right for you.

DC

Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 AM

80 posts, read 367,441 times
I'm sure you might have already come across this information... But I thought I'd post it nonetheless.

The Pinnacle Hills and Village on the Creeks commercial district have spawned developments nearby, such as Shadow Valley subdivision.

Located south of Pinnacle Country Club, Shadow Valley may become the largest subdivision in Northwest Arkansas when completed with as many as 4,000 homes. The 514-acre development west of the Pleasant Grove Road/Interstate 540 intersection and stretching west near Arkansas Highway 112 includes a championship 18-hole golf course. The average home there is about $250,000. Shadow Valley features three lakes, hillside views and streams. The gated community also includes swimming, tennis and physical fitness facilities, as well as a clubhouse.

Moderator cut: please DM any information - no advertising is allowed and this is a sales site
It's hard to recommend others without knowing your price range.

Good luck,
- J

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-11-2007 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 05:27 AM

Thanks for the info. Our price range is $450K to $650 K. Any other subdivisions in that area that you would recommend?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

36 posts, read 206,172 times
I live in Shadow Valley. Your budget will get you a great house. There is really no other neighborhood that can compare to the amenities of Shadow Valley in NWA except maybe Pinnacle. The difference between pinnacle and shadow valley is SV has more of a young kid/young family atmosphere.
VERY family oriented neighborhood with kids all over the place every afternoon. Good Luck with your buy!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Some other nice neighborhoods around that area are Highland Knolls, the Manors, you can just drive down Pleasant Grove or areas like that and find neighborhood after neighborhood. Both of the above do not have great amenities (highland knolls only has a playground no pool)

Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpohl View Post
I live in Shadow Valley. Your budget will get you a great house. There is really no other neighborhood that can compare to the amenities of Shadow Valley in NWA except maybe Pinnacle. The difference between pinnacle and shadow valley is SV has more of a young kid/young family atmosphere.
VERY family oriented neighborhood with kids all over the place every afternoon. Good Luck with your buy!

Are there specific streets to avoid in SV, bad traffic, close to pool (noisy) etc,?

Old 10-17-2007, 12:43 PM

No not really. Depends on if you are buying a brand new house or not (i recommend re-sale) there are not any noisy areas and the pool is set away from the homes since it is part of the country club. If you buy a new home you will deal with contruction noises around you and that's about it. Very quiet area.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpohl View Post
No not really. Depends on if you are buying a brand new house or not (i recommend re-sale) there are not any noisy areas and the pool is set away from the homes since it is part of the country club. If you buy a new home you will deal with contruction noises around you and that's about it. Very quiet area.
How about the schools if you live in SV? I heard they were full, is that true?

Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 AM

Yes the schools have waiting lists unless you get in a couple of months in advance. But there are some year round schools that some of my neighbors are in they are just as good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers