Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:29 AM

98 posts, read 256,808 times

Advertisements

moving to rogers area due to job relocation looking for short term furnished rental in rogers area till i can find home any ideas
thank you ,jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 09:04 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,732,328 times
Check with some of the property management firms. [color="Red"]Moderator cut: no business names, it's considered advertising - please use the direct message feature to contact the OP the Bella Vista POA can probably recommend some things as well.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-12-2007 at 01:46 PM..

Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,025 times
Hi Jay, where are you moving from?

We relocated next door to Rogers in Bentonville. We rented a furnished house in Centerton from a very large realtor in Rogers (with offices in Fayetteville and Bella Vista), until we found the house we just moved into. What we thought was going to be a good arrangement (rent from the firm that you will use to make a purchase), has neither lived up to our expectations, nor the terms of our contract. I don't know if this is how business is done here in NW Arkansas, but to me, your word is your word. And if it is written in a contract, it's not only your word, but the law.

To make a long story longer, we bought the house through the same realtor, and after some things did not go right, we regret not having walked out of the closing. For example, our realtor did not get a property disclosure from the seller per our contract, and about 3 hours before closing, we discovered that we couldn't move in because the seller hadn't moved out yet! We never even received keys to the house! I was able to turn off the appliance delieveries, DishTV connection, etc., until the following week, and then we just tried to forget the whole thing, except for we have this one dangler...the security deposit for the rental.

The contract states 30 days, but it has been 36 days, and I just received an e-mail this morning (finally! My e-mails are never answered!) that they will send the check over to Finance, and I should receive it in a week to a week and a half. Like I said, this might be an acceptable way to conduct business here, but it is completely unacceptable to me.

I did a little investigating online, and I was completely shocked to discover that most of the law here regarding rentals and leases goes back centuries to primitive practices and is completely outdated. So, unlike other states that have modernized laws to better protect renters and landlords alike, for Arkansas, you can really only rely on "Renter Beware!" And, as you can see from my situation, even if the OWNER puts something in the contract, he evidently does not have to live up to it.

I wish I knew someone here that you could trust, but all I can say is to avoid this one company located on Walnut.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers