Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Guess I crossed two stories I read.
We too believe it was kids, but no one will ever know. It has been almost a week, I don't think our daughter and son in law will be over it for quite awhile. Regardless, as to who did it, I hope it never happens to anyone's dog again, but unfortunately it will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 5,390 times
Default Did your dog bark a lot?

I'm so sorry for your loss! If the dog was in a run and barked enough to bother a neighbor someone may have done that on purpose. I would think they would have approached you first. I would be careful if you replace with another one if that's the case, it could happen again if you're next to a trigger happy person.

Texaspugmama

Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspugmama View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss! If the dog was in a run and barked enough to bother a neighbor someone may have done that on purpose. I would think they would have approached you first. I would be careful if you replace with another one if that's the case, it could happen again if you're next to a trigger happy person.

Texaspugmama
He hardly ever barked except when someone came to the door and normally, was only in the dog run to go potty or maybe play with his littler sister (another rescue dog a few months younger) In this case, he didn't even bark and they heard no shot. I don't think they will replace him, at least not for awhile. Sassy, his sister is happy being the only dog, so they will leave it at that for now. I do know, what you mean about barking dogs, we have all had one in our neighborhood from time to time, but that was not the case this time. As for being next to anyone, it is a pretty rural area, but it is a neighborhood. They own the lot on one side to them and the neighbors on the other side are gone most of the time. On the street, which is about 2 blocks long, there are only about 7 houses. What happened, we will never know...

Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Sorry about your dog nmnita, but if he was shot thru the heart I'm not thinking this was not a case of not knowing how to properly handle firearms. It could just be a deliberate killing. There are a lot of mean, sorry, people out there. I was raised in a home in northern arkansas where hunting and gun handling went hand in hand. We knew what firearms were for and we knew what they would do. It "just could be" you're dealing with delinquents who knew exactly what they were doing. I'd keep a sharp eye out.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Sorry about your dog nmnita, but if he was shot thru the heart I'm not thinking this was not a case of not knowing how to properly handle firearms. It could just be a deliberate killing. There are a lot of mean, sorry, people out there. I was raised in a home in northern arkansas where hunting and gun handling went hand in hand. We knew what firearms were for and we knew what they would do. It "just could be" you're dealing with delinquents who knew exactly what they were doing. I'd keep a sharp eye out.
This is exactly what both our grandson in law who hunts said, he thinks it was close up, the chances of a stray bullet, from a distance going throgh a chain link fense and hitting him in the heart is slim. My husband said the same and so did our son in law in Florida who is a hunter. My daughter and her family just want so much to believe it was an accident.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,127,339 times
I'm with those that think it was probably intentional. I would err on the side of caution and never under any circumstances have the other dog out in the run alone and unsupervised. And by supervised I mean standing right there with the dog, not just looking out a window.

I am so sorry for their loss. They must be devastated.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:51 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
the other thread.
//www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...kill-dogs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Guess I crossed two stories I read.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
snofarmer,I did post both but I was not allowed to use the same title, that is where the second heading came in. When you read the other story, you did lead some to believe I had made the story up.or I might have: I almost wish I had, I would do almost anything to bring the dog back to my daughter and son in law. Just thought I should set this straight in case you still think it might not have been true:

Last edited by nmnita; 12-01-2012 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i am so sorry this happened. it was criminal and cruel and cowardly. it was not an accident.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:36 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
This is what I feel about it. Guns haven't changed. People have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
View detailed profiles of: