Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
NW Arkansas is growing very fast in population. I visited Benton County a few years ago and could not believe all the growth. Our family knows an older couple who lives in Benton County and they REALLY like the area. It does not really have a strong southern flavor and the surrounding landscape is actually quite nice with plenty of trees. Also, NW Arkansas is not that far away from Tulsa and Springfield, MO.
NW Arkansas feels more midwestern than the rest of the state. Accents aren't as intense either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 AM

90 posts, read 352,819 times
I moved here to Rogers a year and a half ago from Miami and I love it. I dont regret it one bit and would advise anyone looking for a new place to start over to consider it. I actually have 2 friends from Miami who came to visit a while ago and are now in the process of selling their homes to move here. Like anywhere it has its good and bad qualities but the good outweigh the bad.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,477,811 times
Good morning guys--when I go to visit my daughter and grandkids in western Arkansas--they live about 70 miles south of Ft. Smith--south of Waldron--there is SOMETHING--I can't quite put my finger on it that makes me want to never leave! I don't know if it is the hills,the politeness of the people, the meandering streams,the beautiful lakes of the Ouachita National Forest or what.My daughter and her neighbors it seems, live a life of slow paced simplicity and as a result don't seem to be bothered by the petty little things that seem to bother people from more urban areas. I think the people on this board from western Arkansas have a little slice of heaven and I hope it never gets built up. A friend and I once went to Minnesota fishing. We stopped by a gas station to ask directions to a certain lake. The young man working there said " I'm not a map.Go up there and take a fu****g left." The following year we went to western Arkansas to fish. Not only did the locals make sure we got to the Caddo river, but took the time to show us the sweet fishin spots and the most successful baits that the locals used. They even called the motel to tell them we would be a little late checking in and to please hold our room. So, where do you think this Tennessee boy will be spending his vacation time/money? Let people who don't know any better call Arkansas backwards if they wish.You Razorbacks just keep being the real people you are and don't pay them no mind! SOOIE PIG!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 AM

8 posts, read 34,085 times
I moved here to Rogers 17 years ago and it was without a doubt the best move I ever made. Low crime rate, beautiful lakes, hills, and a great place to raise kids. Yes the people are more friendly and the atmosphere is a lot more laid back. And contrary to popular belief, all of us are not illiterate red-necks.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM

42 posts, read 136,204 times
I am thinking about relocating to Arkansas. What are the best cities to live in? How is the employment rate?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,263,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
I moved here to Rogers a year and a half ago from Miami and I love it. I dont regret it one bit and would advise anyone looking for a new place to start over to consider it. I actually have 2 friends from Miami who came to visit a while ago and are now in the process of selling their homes to move here. Like anywhere it has its good and bad qualities but the good outweigh the bad.
SERGIO...where have you been??? Been missing you! Glad to see you weighing in, hang out and help us tell everyone how great our state is!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Bentonville is nothing special. It is a growing place, so probably it would be a good place to buy a house in or start a business, but it has nothing of "luxury". Arkansas has a lot of poor, depressed areas, but this area is growing. U of Arkansas is nearby in Fayeteville. I would say, I would rather live in NW Arkansas than Little Rock, but this area still has a long way to go. However, much better than Little Rock IMO

Have you been to NW Arkansas recently? The whole area of NW Arkansas has the best economy in the state. Yes there are poor people that live in NW Arkansas but they are usually the exception.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Have you been to NW Arkansas recently? The whole area of NW Arkansas has the best economy in the state. Yes there are poor people that live in NW Arkansas but they are usually the exception.
"Poor people" live everywhere. Fact of life.

A lot of those people are the ones that make the roads, pick up the trash, and do the minimum wage paying food service jobs that keep the place running. I'd hardly call them an exception.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,174,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
"Poor people" live everywhere. Fact of life.

A lot of those people are the ones that make the roads, pick up the trash, and do the minimum wage paying food service jobs that keep the place running. I'd hardly call them an exception.

Of course "poor" people live everywhere, I never said that they didn't. What I said was as rule in NW Arkansas "poor" is the exception. Perhaps your definition of poor and my definition are two different things. And just for the record, I really don't need someone to explain to me what being "poor" is because I grew up dirt poor, and for the MOST PART what NW Arkansas has is not "dirt poor" (You see I didnt say all, I just said for the most part :0).

Old 03-18-2010, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,255 times
There is a town nearby called Berryville, they actually have a shooting range at the local park! The Wal-Mart has a hair salon in it, very tacky-redneck crap. Not to mention, that nearby Harrison, AR is one of the most active KKK enclaves. If you are minimally educated, you will not function well in this area

Having been from Harrison, AR i can say yea it is pretty red neck of a place, but what the heck do u mean by minimally educated and not functioning well? While Harrison offers more than one school, the main school is a 5A school and it is very challenging and offers a good education. The issue around the area is people get stuck here and that's very depressing. It's has nothing great about it. Most people head up to Branson, MO which is about 30 minutes from Harrison though, so I guess that's an advantage. Also the whole KKK thing is bull! Yea there are a lot of racist people here, but the KKK don't run rampant and their highway pick up sign that they used to have is gone now... Yea they used to have a highway pick up sign that ppl would always take picks with cuz ppl couldn't believe it, but yea it was legal. Anyways they didn't turn in some papers and so the sign isn't up anymore. It was kind of a sign they thought was so cool cuz it was kind of a scare tactic i guess, but whatever I can't stand how dumb and racist ppl can be around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers