Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,806 times

Advertisements

Likely to be offered a job at Walmart HQ and wondering how life is in NWA. I was out for interviews and guided tour. Thinking of Bentonville/Rogers area for schools (4 yo, 3 yo). How is the quality of life? Family activities? Grocery (Asian)? Homes look nice/newer and seem affordable. Is it 'Mayberry' or are there things to do? Parks for kids, adult activities? Cost of living?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbervegas View Post
Likely to be offered a job at Walmart HQ and wondering how life is in NWA. I was out for interviews and guided tour. Thinking of Bentonville/Rogers area for schools (4 yo, 3 yo). How is the quality of life? Family activities? Grocery (Asian)? Homes look nice/newer and seem affordable. Is it 'Mayberry' or are there things to do? Parks for kids, adult activities? Cost of living?

Thanks!
oh my heavens, there are wonderful parks and lots of activities. No, it isn't Mayberry but does have a little rural feel, depending on where you choose to live. Centerton is a little more country, Bentonville and Rogers more urban.

Shopping is fine, with the exception we do not have a Trader Joes, but many of are hoping it isn't far away. As for Asian grocery stores, there are several very good ones with great selections and outstanding prices.
I will add, most of the area leans conservative but because NWA is becoming mroe diverse anyone can find people that share their views...

I can't think of much you could hope to find in a family friendly area that you won't find here. Everything from the city squares, the summer farmers market to good shopping and dining. Plus lots of friendly, family oriented people and even good dog parks.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Visit and you'll love it there. Lots to do, lots and lots to do. Mayberry with nearly 500,000 people probably not. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers