Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,401,092 times

Advertisements

I have been to both areas and I agree, Charlotte is a great meto area, one of my favorites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 10:26 AM

10 posts, read 17,356 times
Not a lot of Cubans here. Almost all of the Cubans that were at Fort Chaffee in the 80s were out of Arkansas by 1982. A large number of Southeast Asian refugees, who came here to escape the Vietnam War, did stay in Fort Smith though, which is why the city has a surprisingly vibrant Asian community considering it's size and location.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agginym View Post
Not a lot of Cubans here. Almost all of the Cubans that were at Fort Chaffee in the 80s were out of Arkansas by 1982. A large number of Southeast Asian refugees, who came here to escape the Vietnam War, did stay in Fort Smith though, which is why the city has a surprisingly vibrant Asian community considering it's size and location.
I've met quite a few, I had a Cuban landlord once and he owned a bunch of houses in FS. I can't usually tell them apart from the other hispanics though so its hard for me to say how many there are.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:47 PM

Fort Smith and Barling will have its own medical school in 2017 and the doctors will do all four years there unlike the one in Fayettville where the doctors only spend 2 years.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:05 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Fort Smith is hotter and more humid in summer than Fayetteville. A lot more.
This is an old post, but why would this be?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:06 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,988,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
I heard someone on the public radio station a few days ago saying that Fort Smith has the best restaurant scene in Arkansas. That because of the Asian influence it has more variety than anywhere else in Arkansas and better too. true or a load of @%!?
I dunno, I saw and ate plenty of Asian food last time I was in NWA. Unlike some, I don't differentiate between Bella Vista/Rogers/Bentonville/Centerton/Fayetteville. It's all the same to me. Maybe because I learned to drive when I lived in Texas. San Antonio...you drive a few hours and get to Houston. THAT is a difference. Not this "see that creek? Means we are in another town!" business.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:41 PM

996 posts, read 1,236,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I dunno, I saw and ate plenty of Asian food last time I was in NWA. Unlike some, I don't differentiate between Bella Vista/Rogers/Bentonville/Centerton/Fayetteville. It's all the same to me. Maybe because I learned to drive when I lived in Texas. San Antonio...you drive a few hours and get to Houston. THAT is a difference. Not this "see that creek? Means we are in another town!" business.

I would say NO WAY ... yes there is a large Vietnamese population (an some good Viet. restaurants), but FS is loaded with chain restaurants

Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 PM

996 posts, read 1,236,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
This is an old post, but why would this be?
Why would FS be hotter and more humid than the Fayetteville area you ask ??? ... Well, one big reason would be that the Fayetteville area is almost 1,000 feet higher than FS (1,400 vs. 463). You can check the NOAA website for historical weather information.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
I would say NO WAY ... yes there is a large Vietnamese population (an some good Viet. restaurants), but FS is loaded with chain restaurants
Why wouldn't FS be loaded with chain restaurants, its in America?

Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Good comments and very true. Driving here is nothing and yes, the small towns do run together, with a few being a little more isolated. BV is not quite part of the metro corridor to me anyway. Now, as for food and Ft.Smith versus what we think of as NWA usually. I don't know why the person on public radio feels that Ft Smith has such great food. We have spent a few nights there, did house hunting and gave serious consideration to settling there. NWA has much better food, more diverse and yes, as you mention, enough Asian foods of all kinds to try a different one almost nightly for a year. We have buffets upscale, mom and pop, major chains, just about anything you could ask for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers