Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRocker View Post
There's no fog in San Diego. I lived there for many years. There's a marine layer sometimes in Jan to March. But no fog.
wow, I was born and raised in So. California and graduated from San Diego State University: try telling the people who live near the ocean that isn't fog they are seeing or tell the girls going through sorority rush even in east San Diego it is just a marine layer when their hair goes straight in the early morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 PM

11 posts, read 14,978 times
Are you SERIOUSLY attempting to compare San Diego, California to NWA???

Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrzrbak2 View Post
Wow. No, she was simply providing an example of a place that people consider to be "all sunny" that also has fog.

You've made some pretty strange claims about NWA and Fayetteville. I don't know what you are getting at or what is driving you to post.

You stated that NWA is covered by a gloom like nowhere else in the world for the entire winter. That is nothing at all like my own experience in the 7 years I've lived in Fayetteville. There is more winter here than in Texas. Yes. But its not some special layer of impenetrable cloud cover that lasts for months on end, as you characterized it. That's absurd. You are exaggerating....a lot. We have more cloudcover than Texas in winter. We also get more rain. That's why we have more trees here and don't suffer from the same severe drought cycles like the one that has forced Lake Travis to ridiculously low levels for most of the past five years.

Guess what? MOST of the U.S. east of the Rockies has more cloud cover and rain than Texas. Fayetteville gets plenty of sun. There is no strange meteorological phenomenon at work here as you have strangely suggested. My only way of understanding your postings is that you are unhappy here, and/or that you have nothing in your experience to compare NWA to other than your native area of Texas.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrzrbak2 View Post
Why would you make a statement like that? Of course I am not comparing NWA with San Diego in any way, except to mention San Diego has a lot of fog, anyone who thinks it doesn't hasn't really lived there. Anyone can claim they have lived in a place, but sometimes their statements make it a little hard to believe.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 7,569 times
It's an anomaly. Has to be the worst winter in years. I remember the university closing for about a week in Feb 1989; when that happened it was the first time in many years. Then it closed down for a day in 1994. But there have been more lost school days this winter than I have ever seen around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers