Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:20 PM

452 posts, read 1,635,287 times

Advertisements

lol southeast Arkansas wasn't made for human habitation..........no one should have to live in that kind of heat...

Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,227,000 times
Honey, take me to SE Arkansas, NW Mississippi, plop me down and you'll never hear from me again. I'm one of the few and proud that think the delta is God's country!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:32 PM

hum really, well most people I know think its the armpit of Arkansas

Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,203,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
hum really, well most people I know think its the armpit of Arkansas
If I am not mistaking, the problems in the delta area play a big part in what makes the entire state of Arkansas look so bad statistically.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:39 PM

564 posts, read 2,336,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Honey, take me to SE Arkansas, NW Mississippi, plop me down and you'll never hear from me again. I'm one of the few and proud that think the delta is God's country!
Uh, you're in Russellville and you want to go to SW Arkansas or Mississippi?

....are you nuts?

I'm from there, and moving out of there was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. Sure, the flatness may be pretty and it may have some outside charms of the old south, but that's where it ends. Poor, violent, and generally not fun to live in.

If you don't believe me, visit Lake Charles and Tahlullah (sp?) Louisiana, which is essentially similar to SW Ark and NW Miss. One just as scary as the other.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:30 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
Uh, you're in Russellville and you want to go to SW Arkansas or Mississippi?

....are you nuts?
I'ved lived in AR or MS most of my life (one brief foray into the Caribbean)...and yes, I have lived in the delta. I loved it. Yes, it's poorer than the rest of the state. The river valley is lovely and I think Russellville's just about the greatest place to live, but my heart is in the delta. Different strokes and all...the vast majority don't care for that region but there are some of us who just really love it. I can't really tell you why, although I did find it reminiscent of the old south. Parts of the delta haven't evolved very much. My spouse has that eyes-roll-back-in-the-head thing whenever I mention living in the delta. Then again, people talk about moving to Chicago or Alaska and I go pale. I'm sure it's lovely - it's surely not for me.

I think it's probably important to remember that everyone has their own place in the sun. I recently chatted with a transplant to R'ville who has been here several months. Although they liked the area, jobs were nonexistent for them and they are striking out for the north Arkansas/south Missouri area. That's not to say they would have had better job opportunities in the delta - not by a mile - but depending on where you are in your life and what you need and where you feel at home, anyplace can be special and where you settle in and put down roots. Good thing we don't all like the same thing - considering the current trend, NWA would sink from the sheer weight of us all, lol!

I don't know that we would have ended up in the river valley but for spouse's job, which is in high demand and with a serious shortage of qualified professionals. We could/can go almost anywhere - but this is home for us both, the place where we both are content. And we're at a different place in life - we don't have to worry about schools or sports or shopping or other amenities, so we could go anywhere. {{{shrugs shoulders}}} - given the choice, I personally would have headed south - but we didn't and I'm ever so glad to be here in Pope County!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Ike

3 posts, read 12,299 times
Default Ike

Hey Razorbackfan, good post.

If you are reading these posts and have negative thoughts about NWA, I recommend that you leave for awhile and go live in a big overcrowded city. I guarantee that you will miss NWA...

Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM

who said they wanted to live in a big overcrowded city??

Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 AM

768 posts, read 4,377,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajo58 View Post
I do not know why Northwest Arkansas is so popular, the people there are mean and rude, the traffic is terrible(everywhere you go there is traffic and road construction further making getting around terrible), natives are getting their homes taken away left and right in the name of big business, the area is being overrun by illegal aliens, it's horrible. In NWA it is all about making money and no one cares about anybody else except for themselves. Bella Vista is the worst with all of those old snoots from the north. I have recently moved back to Benton from Rogers and I will never live in NWA again and I encourage any decent people who sees this message to never move there.
Cool, sounds like somewhere I'd like to live. Sounds like Dallas on a much smaller scale. I think I'll move there, thanks for the advice!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,330 times
This is coming from a born and raised NW Arkansawyer...

Personally, I didn't want this area to grow like it has. It's gone from being a sweet, friendly, mayberry-type of place to being and cluster**** full of uncompassionate, rude Wal-Mart vendors driving ugly-gasguzzleing Hummers. Then we have Tyson foods and Bush to thank for the illegal hispanics that have moved in and bombarded all the "free" state medical clinics with dozens of children. And land developers are hell bent on turning SE Rogers into a ghetto as fast as they can!

If I had my way...Wal-Mart would leave and take all their stuck-up vendors with them. Tyson would leave. Illegals would go back across the border, and all of us that pay taxes would be able to get appointments for OUR children at state health facilities!

I wish I could turn back time to when NWA was known for truely being the Natural State with forests full of ancient trees and rivers and lakes weren't contaminated with poultry crap.

Instead, now we have an Ozarks Chainsaw Massacre and we can all swim and fish in the wonderful Chicken Poop lake or river!

I can remember going hunting with my dad when I was a kid. When all of the land west of Dixieland St. in Rogers and between Bentonville was farmland and trees. We used to hunt Quail there. Hwy 102 was a two-lane country road with no street lights. I-540 didn't exist and Wal-Mart was a five & dime. The only hispanics I knew were the two kids I went to school with...and they didn't even know spanish!

NW Arkansas used to be a wonderful place to live where everybody knew each other and if they didn't know ya, they still treated you like you were a friend

And as far as Arkansawyers being uneducated and poor...I'm neither. But you won't hear me running down other states and it's citizens that are poor or uneducated. That's just not something that my Arkansas raised parents taught their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers